Chapter 22

Myra's P.O.V

I opened my eyes tiredly. It was exhausting to be thrown around like a toy. On top of all that, developing feelings for someone who does not care for you one bit. If they did care then they wouldn't leave me when I needed them the most.

Now I was back here, to do what I was brought here for. I got up from my bed and freshened up in the bathroom, dressing appropriately to how Ben liked it.

I did dress up when I lived with Vincent, but I guess the fact that he found me attractive reduced how insecure I felt wearing such dresses. I even noticed him staring, with that look in his grey eyes that had me heating up. I sighed sadly and pulled out whatever dress my hand touched first.

I brushed my fingers through my hair in an attempt to make my curls look neater, but there was no point until I showered and dried my hair properly and right now I couldn't be bothered.

I went down to the kitchen and prepared breakfast for him. I was back to cooking bland food. I guess a nice fatty burger could cheer me up momentarily, even Sam and Vincent had begun to enjoy seasoned food. I frowned at myself, I need to stop thinking about him. There's no way I would see him again. If Vincent was certain that he wasn't getting his money back, he would have never sent me back.

I guess it only proved that his wealth was more important than I was to him. Maybe he did just use me. I held no value in front of his money.

Whatever.

I served up the scrambled eggs on a plate and put them on a tray, ready to take them up to Ben's room, but as I poured the fresh juice into the glass, he walked in and sat down at the counter.

"Hey." He greeted.

"Morning." I answered, leaving out the surprise I felt from his unsual greeting.

"You don't have to do this anymore, Myra." He muttered somewhat guiltily.

I stared at him for a moment, noticing that his youthful look was deteriorating since the last time I saw him. He was stressed. I mean it was both of our lives at stake.

I decided to ignore him for now as I had already cooked the food, it would have been nicer if he told me last night instead.

I washed up the pots and spatulas that I used and cleaned everything until it was spotless before returning to my room. I had nothing else to do here.

It was even worse to have nothing to do, my mind would just wander off, thinking about him. It upset me how much he affected me. He was the only man that I actually allowed to get close to me. It was not like I lacked attention, but I knew most of them only wanted me because of their strange obsession with wanting to have women that were pure or untouched.

Yet it was the same men that took their 'virtue' or 'purity' and regarded them as used. I have seen it in my culture, which is why my Father was so protective of me, but he had also made the mistake. He had misread Ben. But how could I blame him, when I have made the same mistake with Vincent. He probably got off on the fact that no one had ever touched me.

There was no way that I was going to open up to him or any other man ever again. They are all the same.

I unpacked my suitcase since I had nothing better to do and stored my clothes on the hangers. I shoved the empty suitcase under the bed and sat down again. I tried not to think too much about it all, but I knew if I could go back in time I would never agree to this proposal, even if I got paid for it.

The rest of the day passed slowly. I could not wait for nightfall any longer and locked the door. I felt safer with the door locked. Maybe it was so save myself from another home invasion, God knows how many other people Ben had borrowed money from.