chapter 27

♡°•●○___________________________○●•°♡

The smell of disinfectant lingered in the air as the steady beep of the monitor filled the silence. It had been a some time since they had arrived at the private hospital. He couldn't take her anywhere, without having to get the authorities involved.

Vincent held her hand as he slept on the chair beside her bed whilst leaning his head on his folded arms. He had been staying with her as much as he could. The doctors had to force him out of the room for their examination. They had been informed of the situation and wanted to make sure that there was nothing to worry about.

The doctors also informed him that she should regain consciousness within the next day, depending on how quickly her body could get rid of the drug.

Her hand twitched a little causing him to jerk awake. He blinked a couple of times before focusing on her face to see any signs of her waking up, but it seemed that she was still asleep.

Myra whimpered in her unconscious state, feeling drowsy and heavy, but forced herself to wake up.

He punched the button on the side alerting the doctors to visit her room as soon as possible. The doctor entered her room very quickly and checked her eyes and breathing.

"It seems she's gaining consciousness." He stated, nervously when Vincent glared at him.

Myra opened her eyes, frowning when the bright light hurt her eyes. His glare quickly changed into concern when she blinked to clear her vision.

She looked around the white room with confusion. Something was not right. She couldn't remember a thing. Her heart raced and she began panicking, with the monitor picking up on everything.

She looked to her side, where she saw him sitting beside her bed. He could see that she was trying to understand what had happened.

"I understand you are confused, Ms Myra. Please do not panic. I regret to inform you, that you were drugged."

Her eyes widened shock, she remembered that she went out with Ben quite clearly.

"You may still feel some symptoms. The drug should flush out within 12 hours. So we will keep you here."

She opened her mouth to speak, but her throat felt too dry. She coughed, putting her hand over her mouth.

Vincent immediately grabbed a bottle of water and opened it, raising it to her lips. She looked up at him and he could see the questions in her eyes. She drank from the bottle eagerly, not realising that she was so thirsty.

"I would recommend you drink as much water as possible, it will remove the toxins from your body quicker." Said the doctor, glancing at Vincent again.

"I have received your other reports as well." He stated.

He waited for Myra to finish drinking before turning his attention to the doctor again.

"I understand he mentioned that he found you under unfortunate circumstances. Your tests show there were no signs of forced penetration vaginally or anally. The nurse also took swabs of her vagina, but the tests showed nothing. You have nothing to worry about. The blood report showed you had a typical date rape drug used, as I mentioned before that you will be perfectly fine in a few hours. I'll have to get going, if you need anything else please let me know." He said pursing his lips.

"Thank you, doctor."

Shock covered the doctors face for a moment before he nodded and left.

She stared at Vincent the whole time as he explained his report.