chapter 28

♡°•●○___________________________○●•°♡

Just as they began walking away, she heard the door open.

She quickly turned around, looking to see her mother peeking out from the door. "M-Myra?" She stammered, shocked. "Mum!" She cried. Her mother pushed the rest of the door open quickly pulling Myra into a tight embrace.

"I missed you so much." She sobbed loudly, sounding choked up.

"What-" said another voice from her house. "Myra?" He said before pulling his daughter into a hug. Vincent watched the whole scene play out quietly. They all cried together for a few minutes, before her Father pulled away, wiping her tears and kissing her forehead.

"What are you doing here? Did Ben allow you to come and see us? Who's the man behind you?" He bombarded. Vincent narrowed his eyes, understanding why she was so nervous about meeting her parents. Ben probably didn't allow her to see them.

"Dad, so much happened. I don't even know where to start." She cried.

"Let's go inside. We can talk all about it." Suggested her mother.

She nodded and turned around, gesturing for him to come in by holding her hand out. He hesitated, but she gave him a small smile inviting him in. His heart warmed up at her smile. Her cheeks were wet and eyes still watery.

They sat down on the sofa, Vincent sitting beside her and her parents opposite them.

"Where is Ben?" Asked her Father again, more concerned than before. He could tell Myra was not well. She had lost too much weight since her wedding day. The glimmer of happiness in her eyes had dimmed down a lot.

"He is dead." She stated with tears in her eyes.

Both her parents gasped at the sudden demise of her husband.

"What happened?" Asked her Mother.

"Vincent... Vincent killed him." She whispered.

Her Father stood up enraged, grabbing him by the collar and dragging him up. Myra's eyes widened, she'd never seen her Father so angry before to raise a hand on someone else.

"You son of a -"

"Dad, let go of him." She screamed, pushing her Father off him, standing in front of him protectively.

Her Father froze.

"If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be here today." She said quietly. Vincent sat her back down, keeping his hand on her waist. Her Father glared at him.

"Ben lied about everything. His wealth, his job and his property. He didn't own anything. That money he had... it belonged to Vincent. It was a loan. And it was time to pay it back.

Ben gave me to him to use as he intended, in an exchange for more time. This all happened within a month of my marriage. I stayed with Vincent for three months. Ben paid him half and promised to pay the rest once he had me back.

I went back and everything seemed normal, but then we went out on a date, because he wanted to make things better between us. We went to his friends house... and he drugged me. He was going to sell me to get the rest of the money. If Vincent hadn't arrived in time... I don't even know if I would've been alive."

Her parents stayed silent with shock of everything that had happened to their daughter in the past few months.

It had taken her a few hours to explain everything, answering more questions that her parents had about her marriage, with breaks in between as Vincent rubbed his hand over her back soothingly. He took out a napkin and gave it to her, she dabbed her eyes gently; wiping away the remaining tears. Once she was done, she was exhausted.