chapter 15

A/N: violence

It had been weeks since their last kiss, Myra avoided him like the plague. She had just prepared dinner and walked up the stairs to call him down. She made sure she made something more edible for Vincent separately and something spicy for herself and Sam.

She slowly approached the door lifting her hand to knock, but froze. His next words made her blood run cold.

"Don't fucking test me Ben. I'll fucking kill both of you. Get me my money, or die." He threatened before cutting the call and throwing his phone on the bed. Myra felt like she was about to pass out. He was going to kill her. He flung the door open, glaring down at Myra.

Panic arose in her body and she ran from him. Vincent cursed loudly and rushed after her. She ran straight for the front door, pulling the handle down and opening it. He pulled her back roughly. "Sam!" He roared loudly. He walked out of his bedroom slowly, staying by his door.

"Yes Boss." He answered blankly. "Lock all the fucking doors and from now on they will always stay locked." He ordered, pushing Myra back towards the stairs. "Sam, please help me. He'll kill me." She sobbed, fighting his grip. Sam watched helplessly, he couldn't go against his orders. Sam ignored her pleas and glared at Vincent, before going to his room and slamming the door shut.

She ripped her arm out of his grip somehow. "Sam! Please." She cried out, running after him and managing to hit his door. Vincent grabbed her wrist, jerking her forwards roughly before bending down and throwing her over his shoulder.

She continued to cry and scream, hitting his back hard. He grunted in pain, she was really strong and he was only human, of course her constant punches were going to hurt him. He dropped her on his bed, before locking the door.

She crawled off the bed, feeling her legs give out from underneath her. She pressed herself against the wall, pulling her knees to her chest, wrapping her arms around her head, sobbing loudly.

Watching her run from him released the beast inside him. Vincent wanted blood. His anger had overpowered his senses. He pulled his gun out, rushing towards her. Her head snapped up as she heard him approach, screaming when she saw the gun in his hand.

He grabbed her hair pulling her forwards roughly onto her knees. She let out another scream of fear and pain, her scalp was burning from the intense pull.

Myra was struggling to breathe as she continued to panic, she closed her eyes tightly. He pressed the cold muzzle against her forehead causing her to whimper as she waited.

He glared down at her, watching as tears rolled down her face, her hair was a tangled mess and she continued to sob. She was waiting for him to kill her. She wasn't even pleading for her life, she had accepted her fate.

"Look at me." He demanded roughly. She opened her eyes and looked up at him, but saw the gun pressing against her forehead. His eyes met hers. All he could see was pain and fear.

He turned his head away and closed his eyes, her lifeless eyes flashed in his mind.

"Fuck." He growled, he slowly withdrew his hand and stood there for a moment, realising what he had done and was about to do.

He clutched his gun angrily and backed out of the room hurriedly, slamming the door shut. She sobbed loudly, staying on her knees, but as soon as she tried to stand up she felt nauseous. Black spots appeared in front of her eyes and she collapsed on the floor, passing out.

Vincent left his house, sitting down in his car and ordered his driver to take him as far as possible. He couldn't go back to his own house. He texted Sam to check on Myra, but received no reply to confirm he'd seen it. He knew he fucked up.

Sam checked his messages after an hour, but once he read it he rushed up the stairs and knocked on the door, but there was no response. He opened the door and looked inside only to see her sprawled out beside the bed. He cursed quickly rushing in and lifting her up and placing her on the bed.

"Myra. Open you eyes sweetheart." He called gently. He felt a strange protectiveness for her, nothing romantic though. He'd only threatened her because he had no choice at that time. He can't disobey Vincent on certain things, yet he didn't expect his friend to hurt her either. She was a good woman. He walked to the bathroom, wetting his hand before sprinkling it on her face.

A frown marred her forehead as she slowly opened her eyes completely confused. "Sam?" What-?"

Tears filled her eyes again and she pushed Sam as hard as possible. "Myra. I won't hurt you." He said softly not to frighten her. "No! No." She whimpered, climbing off the bed. She ran towards the bathroom, but Sam caught her as she struggled in his arms.

"Myra." He whispered as she sobbed. He wrapped his arms around her protectively, rubbing her back soothingly. She slumped onto him, pressing her face into his chest and cried. "He was going to shoot me. He wants to kill me."

"He won't. It's okay, he's not coming back." He consolidated. "Sam, p-please just k-kill me. I can't take this torture. P-please." She begged.

"No Myra. Don't be stupid. He won't kill you, neither will I." He whispered.

She continued to mumble incoherently, begging for her life, yet at the same time asking him to end it. Fear had made her irrational, she'd never seen a gun and seeing it so close made her realise she was seconds away from death.

He had been so calm the first few weeks and all of a sudden he pulled a gun on her. She passed out again, as her knees gave out underneath her. He quickly tightened his arms around her, pulling her on the bed again and tucking her in.

He pulled his phone out to see a string of texts from Vincent, to which he responded with one word; 'Bastard'.

She remained restless. Every time she started falling asleep, Vincent's cold glare and gun appeared in behind her closed eyes and she would jerk awake.

Vincent stayed in his office in one of the many homes that he owned, staring out of the window. His night was as restless as hers. All he could hear were her screams, see her tears as he held a gun to her forehead.

He felt as though a part of him had become weak, he'd killed women without hesitation, but he had to remind himself that Myra was innocent. He leaned back and closed his eyes, remembering the day he cooked and she told him what to do. That was the first time he'd ever felt some sort peace in his cold heart.

Myra clutched the blanket tightly, biting her lip to keep in any sobs. She feared he was going to walk in any minute. That he would shoot her when she wasn't looking. She kept her eyes glued to the door. Usually she'd already be asleep by the time he arrived and he would leave by the time she'd wake up. The only time they saw each other was at Dinner time, that is if he came on time.

Where one part of her was scared, the other part of her was hurt. After everything they did together she began to take a liking in him. She let herself believe that he wasn't a monster that he showed everyone.

But he treated her just like her husband did, as an object to show his power, although when her husband did it, it didn't hurt as much as what Vincent had done to her.

Eventually she was exhausted, she gave up fighting to stay awake and only prayed that she wouldn't have anymore nightmares for the rest of the early morning and hoped if that was the case, Sam wouldn't wake her. She just wanted to have some peace.

--------------------------

Don't hate me :((((((

I know a lot of you are going to hate Vincent, but he is a criminal at the end of the day. Let's see what he does next :/

How did you guys find this chapter. I know it's a little bit shorter than the other chapters.

Please Vote, Comment and Share.

Z.A.B