Human (Part 3)

The next night (back in the bunker)

I woke up in the middle of the night to see Gabriel sitting up beside me, awake. I frown before slowly pushing myself up into a sitting position. I sigh "Gabe". He turns his head to look at me "Oh, y/n. Um... sorry if I woke you up". I shrug it off "Are you okay?". He hums "Peachy". I frown again "Gabriel". He sighs, giving me a smile "Y/n, I'm okay, I promise. Go back to sleep". I hum "You're a terrible liar". He sighs "Being human is exhausting. I don't know how you do it". I giggle a little, making him smile. I move to lean against him, lying on my side "Tell me about it". My hand rests on his chest as he looks at me. Then he leans in to kiss the corner of my lips. I blush a little and before he pulled away completely, he stole a proper kiss. His lips softly press against mine for a few moments and I kiss him back. When he does pull away, he still lingers close. His nose almost bumps into mine. I sigh "Gabe, what are you thinking about?". "I'm thinking about how I don't deserve you" He mumbles, his lips lightly brushing over mine with every word. "That's not true" I reply quietly. He gently brushes his thumb over my cheek "Y/n... you should sleep" He whispers. "So should you" I reply. He smiles slightly. "Gabriel..." I start. He hums "Hm?". I sigh "Being an archangel doesn't make you who you are". He tilts his head "What?". "I mean... archangel or not, you're still you. It doesn't make any difference to me" I tell him. He smiles "Well, thank you. But I'm afraid not everyone will see it that way". I shrug "Gabe, look at it this way. You can finally sleep". He chuckles "I've slept before, sweetie". I nod "I know, but properly. Like, now you need to. Not because you want to". He smiles "I guess you're right'. "Oh, and guess what it allows me to do" I say. He raises an eyebrow "What?". "This!" I giggle before rolling on top of him on my front and sprawl myself out like a starfish, causing him to laugh. "Now, you can't go anywhere" I grin. He chuckles softly "You don't need to trap me, cutie. I'm not planning on going anywhere". I sigh, burying my face into his chest, inhaling his sweet scent. I feel him kiss my head "But... if trapping me here is necessary-". "It's very necessary" I reply, my words muffled by his shirt. He hums "Right, of course. If trapping me like this makes you happy, then it's fine by me".

He smiles up at me "I love you,
y/n". I shrug "I know". He whines "Hey, you're supposed to say it back". I giggle "I love you too, Gabe". He nods "That's better". I sigh before resting my head on his chest again. I move so that not all of me is on top of him. I put my arm on his torso. "Gabriel, promise me you'll go to sleep" I sigh. "I don't know if I can promise that, cutie" He replies softly. I frown "Gabriel, please? I won't sleep if you don't". "Alright, fine. I promise" He sighs.
____

Later

It's about the a millionth time today that Gabe has complained about being human. Poor Sam has been researching endlessly since we got back "I told you, Gabriel. It should wear off in a couple days. That's what Rowena said". He pouts "But what if it doesn't wear off?". "Then you'd be human forever" Dean groans. Gabe huffs "Being human sucks". "Yeah? Well, at no point did we say it was all sunshine and rainbows" Dean replies. I frown at the interaction. Gabe does know he's dating a human, right? The Graceless archangel rolls his eyes "You wouldn't understand. I feel powerless. Without my Grace, I can't do anything! Humans are whiny, selfish, cruel and don't get me started on needy". "It wasn't that long ago that you said you were on our side" Sam reminds him. He hums "Yeah, I am on your side. But I can't do anything about that if I'm human myself". I sigh "Wow, Gabe. Didn't know you were that repulsed by us". The three of them look at me as if they forgot I was here. I glare at Gabriel. He sighs "No, y/n. I didn't mean...". I hum "Yeah, right". I walk out of the room to go to mine.

I hear him follow me "Y/n, wait. I... I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that". I don't say anything. He frowns, starting to walk backwards so he can look at me. "Aw, don't do that. Sweetie, don't ignore me. I'm sorry" He tells me. When we get to my room, he bumps into my door. I glare at him "Gabriel, move". He shakes his head "Not until I see a smile on your face". I roll my eyes "Move". He sighs, but gets out of my way. I open my door, walk in and slam it on him before he could think about coming in after me. He groans "Y/n, please don't be mad at me". "Why would I be when you were only making your feelings clear?" I snap. I hear a pause. "Y/n... you know I didn't mean anything I said" He replies softly. When I don't say anything, he continues "I wasn't talking about you, I love you. You know I do". I quietly sit on my bed as I listen to him. "It's just... the worst thing that could happen to an angel. When we lose our Grace, we lose everything. Our wings, we can't hear angel radio anymore. And most of all, we lose our damn minds" He chuckles a little. I smile slightly "You got that right". "Can I come in now?" He asks. I shake my head, even though he can't see me "No, Gabe. Don't". "Okay, that's okay. I won't. But... I'm staying out here" He replies.

Third POV

Gabriel sighs, leaning against the doorframe. He can respect her decision. Yes, he could've walked in anyway. Her door doesn't have a lock on it. But he doesn't want to make her more upset. He wanted her to know that he didn't mean it. So, he stays outside her door. This is the crazy stuff she makes him do. And that isn't even the weirdest part. He wants to do this for her. He loves her so much. He would do anything for her. He's pretty sure y/n has no idea what he would happily do for her.

His words hurt, but it wasn't what he said that hurt her. Because honestly, she couldn't agree more. What did hurt her was how easy it was for him to say it. Like he'd been practicing it in the mirror beforehand. She knew being human is hard for him. But she didn't understand why it was the worst thing in the world. Personally, she'd much rather have him human than the other option.

Y/n's POV

I jump when I hear a terrifyingly familiar voice "Whatcha thinkin' about?". My eyes widen as he stands in the corner of my room. I furrow my eyebrows "Um... ever heard of knocking?". He chuckles "You're funny, I like you". I hum "Yeah, but you're not real". He smirks "Am I not? I don't know, I think I am". I sigh "You're in the cage, Lucifer. And I'm not scared of you anymore". He smiles "I beg to differ, honey". "Um... Gabe, you can come in now" I tell him. "What? Oh, come on-" Lucifer protests, but disappears as the door opens. Gabriel comes in
"Y/n, is everything okay?". I walk over to him, wrapping my arms around his waist "I forgive you, now hug me". He smiles slightly "Hey, cutie. Calm down, it's okay". I frown "What?". He rubs my arm soothingly "I don't need to be an archangel to know when you're panicking unnecessarily". I hum "It is necessary. But never mind that". I pull him into the room, making him chuckle.

Once again, Lucifer appears but behind Gabe so I can see him. "Aw, aren't you two cute" He hums. I sigh, burying my face into Gabe's shirt before mumbling "Shut up". He furrows his eyebrows "What?". I feel my breathing starting to pick up its pace. Gabriel quickly notices "Hey, hey. Y/n, look at me, sweetie". I start to cry, not wanting to see the older archangel anymore. If I look at Gabe, I'll see him again. Gabriel rubs my back "Shh, it's okay. Don't cry, cutie. What's wrong?". I don't hear the other voice anymore, so I look up to see he is gone. I look around nervously. My hand that was resting on his chest started to grip his shirt. To which, he gently stops me from doing, making me look at him. He smiles softly "Hey, you're okay. I've got you. Come here". He leads me to the bed, then sits me down before sitting next to me. I move closer to his side and he puts his arm around me before kissing my head.

"Why did you forgive me? I feel like I should still be out there" He asks. I shake my head "I just... felt bad for leaving you out there. It was a stupid thing to be mad at you for". He shakes his head "It's not stupid, y/n". I shrug "You said we were". He hums "I never said stupid, sweetie". I sigh "Well, I am". Tears start to run down my cheeks at the thought of Lucifer being back. He frowns "You are not stupid, y/n. I won't let you say that about yourself". I bury my face into the crook of his neck. He sighs "Please don't cry, cutie. You know what it does to me". I sob in response. He pulls me to sit on his lap and I just cry harder. He doesn't say anything, but he wraps his arms around me before attempting to wipe my tears away with his thumb. But more just replace the ones he wipes. "G-Gabe" I splutter. He hushes me softly "Shh, shh, shh. Look, watch this". He takes my shaky hand, then puts it on his chest where his heart is. "Feel that?" He mumbles. I nod slowly. "It belongs to you" He whispers to me.

Once again, he gently wipes my tears away. And this time, my cheeks stay dry. I turn my attention to the feeling of him breathing and focus on that. As his chest moves up and down steadily, I manage to copy him. I'm still a little shaky though. Yeah, that was a lie. Lucifer definitely still terrifies me. Gabriel sighs "I wish I could just snap my fingers and take all your pain away". I smile slightly "I wouldn't let you even if you could". He nods "I know, but I'd at least like to have the option". I giggle at his response and he smiles.
_____

W.S