The Elysian Fields Hotel

I take a deep breath before turning the engine off. Then I just sit there for a moment. Two years. It's been two years since it happened. I never once thought about coming back here, but it's been rough without him. I thought maybe I would at least feel his presence here. I was so stupid. Why didn't I just admit that I was in love with him? He obviously knew and cared about me in some way. And then we almost kissed. I was so close to him, I could feel the sweet taste of him. The warmth I felt from him. The soft look in his whiskey eyes. The way he held me, gentle, comforting but also protectively. But I didn't get to know what his lips felt like against mine. Of course, I pushed him away. Literally and figuratively. Before I could dwell on it too much, I open the car door and step out.

I frown at the familiar surroundings. The translucent lights still flickering from the hotel. Elysian Fields. I close my eyes for a moment, taking a breath before heading inside.
A shiver runs down my spine and I feel chills on my skin as I walk through the hallways. It feels like a lifetime ago. I frown at the dried in blood on the walls. My aimless wandering eventually led to the main room. I bite my lip, hesitating when I see the burn marks carved into the floor. They are a little faded, but I know what they are. After a few minutes, I slowly enter the room. But it isn't much longer before I find myself sitting on the floor next to the burn marks. And that's when my eyes fill with tears as the painful memory takes over my mind. "Gabriel" I mumble, barely above a whisper. As I started to trace the marks with my hand, the tears began to run down my cheeks. "I miss you" I sob quietly. "I miss you so damn much" I whimper.

Unsurprisingly, I don't get an answer. I wipe my eyes with my sleeve, but it doesn't stop my tears from falling. "Stupid feathers" I sniffle.

"I'm sorry, Gabe. I didn't mean to- I was stupid. I should've realised sooner" I sigh.

"You aren't stupid, sugar".

It felt as if the whole world froze when I heard his soft voice. I tense up, then slowly turn around. "G-Gabriel?" I gasp. He gives me a small wave "Hey, cutie. You crying?". I shake my head, ignoring his question "Great, I'm going crazy". "What makes you think that?" He asks. "Well, first of all. You're dead" I frown, looking away from him. I hear him sigh and then he walks over to me. I flinch when I feel his hand on my shoulder. He softens as he helps me up, then he turns me to look at him. "Here" He mumbles before gently taking my hand and placing it on his chest where his heart is. I wasn't expecting to feel anything, but I did. I could feel his heart beating. I look at him. "Real enough for you?" He asks. "Gabe?" I reply quietly. He smiles slightly, nodding "I'm here, cutie". I start to cry again, despite trying not to. He frowns "Are these happy tears or sad ones?". I try to pull away from him, but he doesn't let me "Y/n… please don't push me away again. I heard you before, I know you don't want to". I sniffle "H-How are you here? You're supposed to be… dead". He sighs "I know, it's confusing. It's a really long story, can we not get into it? I was hoping you'd come back here". "If you were alive, why didn't you contact any of us?" I ask. He shrugs "I couldn't. I've only been alive a few weeks. Woke up with no wings and… very little mojo". I frown as he slowly puts his arms around my waist. When I flinch, he pauses as I look at him. "Hey, cutie. You're okay, I won't hurt you" He says softly. I reluctantly let him pull me closer. He could sense my hesitation, I could tell. I was still questioning if this was real at all. Or maybe this was just some weird dream. But his arms were holding me, not enough to hurt me. Yet tightly enough to stop me from going anywhere. He never said a word, but the soft look in his whiskey gaze gently brought me out of my racing thoughts. "You must be exhausted with all those thoughts running through your mind a mile a minute" He mumbles. "Can you blame me?" I reply. He shrugs "Not at all". "Gabriel, how do I know this is real? If you're even here?" I question him. There was something in his eyes that was telling me he was real. And deep down, I knew he was. But I needed to hear it from him.

He sighs "Y/n, sweetheart. I have never lied to you, okay? I've never tricked you. I'm not gonna start now. This is real. I'm here. I may not know how I'm here, but I am. Please, I need you to believe me. It's the only thing I've got at the moment". I sigh "Okay, I... I believe you". He tilts his head "Really?". I nod slowly "I would be able to tell if it wasn't you, Gabe". He smiles, amusement lighting up his features "Yeah? If it wasn't me, how would you know?". I shrug, blushing a little "I don't think you need to know that". He chuckles "Oh, come on. I wanna know". I sigh "Okay... well, it's just you seem different when other people are around. I don't know, I guess if it wasn't you, I don't think anyone else would notice a difference". He tilts his head "Care to elaborate?". I bite my lip a little awkwardly "I mean... you-". He raises his eyebrows expectantly "Yes?". I huff "You act differently with Sam, Dean and Cas. And pretty much everyone you know. But when it's just us... I don't know, you're nicer". He smirks a little "I'm nicer?". I roll my eyes, blushing "Gabriel". He chuckles "Alright, so you notice that. But what you don't notice is how I feel about you?". I frown, but don't say anything. I had a question, but I was a little afraid to ask it. He smiles slightly "Y/n, it's okay. I know you have feelings for me. So, I have a question for you". "What?" I mumble. "Why did you push me away?" He asks.

I look away from him and sigh "I was scared, Gabriel. I... I don't really know what to do". He sighs before gently resting his forehead against mine. "Y/n, kiss me" He whispers to me. I look at him "What?". "I know you want to, sweetheart. Don't push me away. I want to be with you, y/n. I'm in love with you and I know you love me too. So, kiss me" He replies. I frown "Gabriel… I can't".

I try to pull away from him, but he doesn't let me "Hey, hey. What? Y/n, seriously. What's stopping you?". I shrug silently. He sighs "You're still scared, aren't you?". I slowly look at him and nod a little "I'm not scared of you, Gabriel. I just... I don't want to lose you again. Or… or get hurt". His eyes soften "Y/n, I'd never hurt you. Please, give me a chance. I know it's scary, but we can take our time. There's no rush". "How do I know you won't run off with the next girl you see whenever you get bored of me?" I question him. "Y/n, I've never been more serious about anything in my entire life. There's no one I'd rather be with. I want to be with you, y/n. I'm in love with you. I don't want anyone else" He promises. Then he slowly leans in and before I could say anything, he kissed me. Softly and slowly. When I don't push him away, he pulls me closer and I kiss him back. His right arm falls around my waist while his left hand cups my cheek. Sensing my hesitation, he rubs my side a little. "It's okay" He mumbles against my lips. I close my eyes and wrap my arms around his neck. I could feel him smile a little.

When he pulls away, he gently rests his forehead against mine. "I love you too, Gabriel" I mumble. He smiles softly "I know". I rest my hand on his chest where his heart is. "Ooh, look who's being all forward now" He teases. I blush lightly "Shut up, Gabe". He chuckles in response. I feel his heart beating steadily and it brings me comfort. He moves closer to me and I take the chance to kiss him again. He chuckles softly, kissing me back almost immediately.
_______

W.S