Right Time Part 5

Olivia's POV

Ayla was sound asleep in the bed she and her brother are sharing. Daniel is cuddling with me in my bed. He looks at me "Hey, mom". "Yeah, Danny?" I reply. "Is Rich gonna be our stepdad?" He asks. I furrow my eyebrows "Oh, I don't know. What makes you think that?". He shrugs "Well, you love each other, don't you?". I smile slightly "How did you figure that out?". He smiles back "Mom, he looks at you the way dad never did". I chuckle "How did you get to be so smart?". He grins "Someone has to be". I sigh before putting my arm around him. He rests his head on my chest. "Daniel, how do you feel about that? Do you want Rich to be your stepdad?" I ask him. He shakes his head "No, I want him to be our dad". I smile "Me too, buddy". "Then Steve, Fletch and Frank would be our brothers" He says. I nod "Oh, you're right. That would be good". He smiles "Then Ayla can have four big brothers". I smile "That's true". He sighs quietly "Mom, Rich is really good with Ayla and he's already kinda like a dad to me. Steve, Fletch and Frank are like my brothers. So... it would be good if they actually were. I don't want you to get hurt again and I know that if you were with Rich, you won't get hurt. I'd feel much better if you were with someone who loves you. And I know he does". I smile "You really think so?". He nods and I chuckle, kissing his head "Thank you, Daniel. That's sweet of you".
_______

- WS