Talk To Me

It had been three days since I locked myself in my room. I'll admit, the reason was a little childish of me. But I felt humiliated, embarrassed and I knew I wouldn't be able to handle the rejection. There was no way I would live this down and the chances of him being completely deaf in that moment were very slim. I just couldn't believe it. I had spent so long hiding it from him and for him to find out like that was... I couldn't describe it. I blame it entirely on Sam and Dean, though. They were the ones who brought it up in the first place. They were trying to convince me to tell Gabriel how I felt and after arguing back and forth, I just shouted my reasons for not wanting him to know. And after I was done, it was silent until I heard him behind me. The second I heard his voice, I knew he heard everything and I just wanted the ground to swallow me and never let me back out again. Then I ran, pushing past him to my room. And that brings me to now, locked in my closet. It wasn't a big space at all, but I often hid in here when I was upset. That wasn't the only thing I felt, though. I didn't think I would ever be able to look him in the eye again. And that made me even more upset because I would miss looking at his gorgeous, whiskey eyes.

Everyone had been trying their best to convince me to come out, but I refused. Not even the temptation of chocolate could sway me. Which came as a very big shock to the older Winchester because normally I would risk my own life for chocolate. And that wasn't an exaggeration. Dean sighed "Come on, sweetheart. We miss you. You won't even come out for food? You must be hungry in there". Glancing at my secret stash of snacks (which were slowly running out), I shrugged even though he couldn't see me "No, I'm good". "You can't hide in there forever, you know" He replies. "Not with that attitude" I mumble. I hear him chuckle softly "So, you wanna talk about what happened?". I don't say anything, in fear of crying again. He sighs quietly "Y/n... he's worried about you. Please do us all a favour and let him in here so you two can talk". I frown "I can't, Dean". "Why not, sweetheart?" He asks softly. There was a pregnant pause before I spoke again, my voice cracking a little "He'll just make fun of me and... tease me for the rest of my life. It'll be a game to him. And even if we did get together, he would ditch me for some... goddess after two weeks when he gets bored of me". Instead of Dean replying, I heard someone else's voice "Oh, Y/n. Is that really what you think?". I froze, hearing my bedroom door close. Dean had left. It was just me and... Gabriel.

When he realises I wasn't going to answer him, he sighs "Okay, honey. Here's how this is gonna go. You're either going to come out here and we will talk about this. Or, you can stay in there and listen while I talk. But either way, I'm staying right here. Capiche?". It didn't seem fair to me, but it didn't really sound like he was asking. When I don't reply again, he hums "Okay, option number two it is".

I heard the distinct sound of my mattress squeaking and knew he was now sitting on my bed. Which meant he wasn't going anywhere any time soon. I sigh quietly, waiting for the rejection I knew was coming. After a few minutes, he chuckles and I wondered what was so funny. He sighs "Y/n, we have known each other for a long time. We've been through so much together. It's amazing, really. How fast we became friends, much to Thing 1 and Thing 2's dismay. I've had a lot of fun with you. You're the best partner in crime I've ever had. Saved my stupid ass more times than I care to admit. And in all this time, all these years. Through our movie nights and water balloon fights, going on our own hunts, watching the stars until sunrise and the amount of candy we have shared together is just... well, it would give someone diabetes just thinking about it. Of course, they weren't all great times. All through your nightmares and panic attacks and your amazing ability to forget how to breathe in tense situations. Oh, and the amount of times I've let you fall asleep on me is astounding. Through every tear I've wiped off your cheeks, running my fingers through your hair just because and every nickname I've ever given you. All this time, through all these years and doing all these things... and you think I don't have feelings for you?". It took a moment for all his words to sink in and I frown in confusion. "Well... you couldn't be any more wrong, sugar. Because I do. Of course I have feelings for you. How could I not fall for you? You're... the most incredible person I've ever known" He continues. Every word he said sounded genuine. This was the most serious I've ever heard him be. My heart fluttered at his confession and I felt butterflies in my stomach. He sighs "Still not enough to get you to come out, huh?". I wasn't sure what to say, but I knew I had to say something. "Okay, sweetheart. I get it. I guess I'll just go. You know where I'll be". I didn't want him to go, I was very conflicted. I sighed heavily before slowly pushing the closet door open to see his back facing me. He was heading for the door. I scrambled to my feet "Gabe... w-wait!". I raced over to him and before he could turn around, I put my arms around his waist and hugged him tightly from behind. I buried my face into his back "Gabriel, please don't go".

Third POV

When he felt her crash into him and hug him from behind, Gabe couldn't help but smile softly. She was so cute. Then he heard four little words "Gabriel, please don't go". His heart ached at the tone of her voice. It sounded like she was close to tears. He swallowed before replying softly "I won't if you don't want me to". He turned around in her arms, now facing her. But she wouldn't quite meet his gaze. "Y/n, I'm not gonna hurt you, honey. Look at me" He mumbles. She shakes her head and he notices tears falling down her cheeks. "Hey, hey. It's okay, don't cry. You're okay" He coos, holding her tightly but comfortingly against him. She sobs into his chest in response. She couldn't be sure why she was crying exactly, but she wanted him to hold her. And luckily, he got the message loud and clear. He gently brought her over to the bed, sitting down before pulling her onto his lap. He wiped some of her tears away with his thumb, even though more just replaced those ones.

He frowns "Hey, cutie. Don't cry, it's okay. I'm here". Then he brushed a strand of her hair back behind her ear and then she realised she was looking into his eyes. So, she quickly looked away from him, opting to look down at her hands instead, which were resting on her lap. After a while, her crying reduced to quiet sniffling. "Y/n, please tell me what's wrong. This is killing me, princess" He tells her. "Gabe, I... I'm scared. One day you're gonna realise that I'm not good enough for you. I'll wake up and you won't be there. You'll be off somewhere with some goddess or... or you'll be in Monte Carlo with lots of gorgeous women around you. Probably porn stars. You aren't settling with just one person forever. That just isn't you and I am crying because I know it's my own damn fault for falling for you in the first place. It'll hurt... more than anything I've ever been hurt by before" She rants. He frowns before gently lifting her chin up with his finger, but she still refused to look him in the eyes. "Hey, look at me" He mumbles "Y/n, please".

She gulped nervously before hesitantly lifting her head so that she could see his face. He smiles softly "There you go. Now, listen to me, cutie. Okay? I have been completely, utterly and hopelessly in love with you since the moment we met. I don't want anyone else. I don't care about anyone else. Let them want me however much they want, but they're never gonna get any of me. I only have eyes for you, my heart belongs to you and I am yours in every sense of the word, if you want me. No, you may not be a goddess, but let me make this part very clear. I do not care. I don't care, Y/n. I want to be with you and only you. I love you so much more than words can explain. There's nothing you, or anyone else for that matter, can do or say to get me to change my mind".

She sniffled "You... really mean that?". He sighs "Every single word". She slowly put her arms around his neck "I love you too, Gabe". His smile reached his eyes as he nods "I know, honey". He gently takes her hand before lifting it up to his lips to kiss her knuckles. She blushed and felt butterflies when he did that. She sighs quietly "Gabe". He hums "Yeah?". "Please don't hurt me" She replies, moving her other hand so that it rested on his chest. He shakes his head before mumbling "Never".
______

W.S