Golden

"Gabe, where are we going?".

"Just trust me".

"I do trust you, feathers. That's why I'm in this situation, blind folded and following you to god knows where".

He chuckles "I'm guiding you, though". I roll my eyes "Yeah, because that's comforting". He gasps in mock offence, still keeping a hold of my hand "How dare you". I giggle "Well, can you blame me?". He hums "Fair enough. But lucky for you, we have arrived! Please allow me to remove your blindfold". I nod, feeling him move behind me "Great". He unties it and it falls around my neck. I look up to see a field "Wow, Gabriel. I don't know what to say. It's... great". He chuckles "That isn't it, my dear
y/n. It's just the start, I wanted to show you something". He moves back into my line of vision. I furrow my eyebrows "Show me what?". He smiles "I'm glad you asked. So... we have known each other for a long time and for a large portion of that, I have been in love with you. And I know you're the only one I'm ever gonna love-". I tilt my head "Gabe, is this a proposal?". He chuckles, shaking his head "No, sweetheart. I want to show you my wings". My eyes widen a little "Wait, really? But I thought... isn't that supposed to be an intimate thing?". He chuckles "When have you ever known me to follow rules?". I smile slightly "Gabriel, you don't have to". He shrugs "I want to, Y/n". I sigh, then nod "Alright". He takes a few steps away from me.

I pause "Wait, won't my eyes burn out of my skull?". He smirks "Only if you aren't my soulmate". My mouth drops open in horror "What?!". My eyes fill with tears "Gabe, maybe I don't want to do this anymore". His eyes widen a little before moving closer to me. He puts his arms around my waist "Hey, hey. Don't cry. Sweetheart, I was joking. You're gonna be absolutely fine because I have known you were my soulmate from the moment we met. Your eyes will stay intact". I frown "Really?". He smiles slightly "Y/n, would I be doing this if I knew that it would harm you?". I look away from him shyly before mumbling "No". His smile widens "Exactly". He kisses the back of my hand before stepping away again "Close your eyes if it makes you feel better". I nod, closing my eyes. Then silence fills the air between us. It felt like hours went by, but it was actually only a few minutes before there was a bright light. After a few moments, I felt him take my hands. "Y/n, open your eyes. Nothing's gonna happen to you" He whispers. I take a breath before slowly opening my eyes.

Gabriel was standing in front of me, but this time with six huge, golden wings behind him. My mouth fell open in awe. His wings were definitely the most beautiful things I had ever seen in my life. The tips of each wing was a light gold colour and it got darker further down. The base of his wings was more of a bronze and the sun had just happened to come out at the same time. With the light hitting against them, they appeared to be almost translucent. I couldn't even get my words out, I was rendered speechless. He smiles at me "Do you like them?". I chuckle "Do I like them? Gabriel, they... they're beautiful". I could've sworn I saw a tinge of pink appear on his cheeks as he replied with "Thank you". I couldn't stop staring at them. They were magnificent.

"And your eyes remain in their sockets" He jokes, easing the tension. I giggle, nodding "I noticed". I kinda had a strong need to know what they felt like, but is it impolite or disrespectful to ask? I wasn't sure how he felt about that. He smiles slightly, moving closer to me "What's on your mind?". I glance at the feathers, then look back at him "Would it be too weird for me to touch them?". I look up, making sure there are no lightning strikes or anything. He chuckles softly "What are you looking around for?". I shrug "I don't know. Anything that could smite me for asking that. I'm sorry, that is weird. Forget about it". He laughs "It's not too weird, Y/n. I don't have a problem with it. Here". He takes my wrist, then gently guides my hand to his left wings, allowing me to touch the feathers. They felt like they were made out of literal clouds.

His whole wing twitched when I ran my hand through it. I jumped, taking my hand away "I'm sorry, did I hurt you?". He smiles softly, shaking his head "No, sweetheart. You didn't, they're just sensitive. So, they will do that, but don't worry. It doesn't hurt me". I slowly nod. "Can I kiss you?" He asks. I chuckle "You don't have to ask, Gabe". He pulls me closer to him before leaning in to kiss me. I put my arms around his neck as I kiss him back. When he wraps his arms around my waist, I start to brush the base of his wings with my fingers. "Should've put those away" He mumbles, making me giggle as I continue with my fingers. He growls, pulling away from me a little to rest his forehead against mine "Stop that". I giggle "Why?". He chuckles, shivering a little "It tickles". I pull away from him a little so I can look at them again. I could feel his gaze on me, but I didn't care "Gabe, I can see your wings. Which means we are actually soulmates, right? Like, the whole 'meant to be together' thing". When I look at him again, he smiles softly "You're so cute". I blush a little, shaking my head. He sighs, then nods "Yeah. Basically, if a human can see an angel's wings, it means that the human's soul and the angel's grace match up perfectly. For lack of a better term, it's kinda like two finger prints being the exact same. Which is impossible, meaning that soulmates are rare. So, in a way, we're a match made in Heaven". I smile a little. "However, we aren't official until we have bonded. The angel kinda doesn't have a choice, but the human always has the last say. It's their choice if they want to be fully bonded as it is a huge commitment and responsibility" He explains. I nod again "Oh, okay". He smiles softly "But I don't care if you choose not to. Just hearing you say you love me is enough". I smiles back shyly "Well, I do love you". He nods "I love you too".
______

W.S