Chapter 3- My Saviour

Tears threatened to stream down my eyes as I quickly wiped them away. Tanjiro didn't seem to notice as he was anxiously looking around, "Yea, mist breathing.." i said trailing off. Tanjiro looked back into my (e/c) eyes "It's such a cool technique!" he said smiling trying to hold his anxiety.

I got up "We should get moving, someone could be in trouble." i told him, he nodded getting up and brushing dirt off himself. he grabbed my wrist leading my through the forest, i slowly dragged my wrist out of his grab and kept walking.

"Tanjiro?" i said calmly. He looked back at me, though we just met i could get a sense of strength from this boy. there was something about him that was so much different than the rest.

His calm red eyes met mine as he made a 'hm?' sound. "Why are you trying to become a demon slayer?" i asked looking at the boy. he gave a soft smile "For revenge." he said turning and continued walking. His aura changed so fast, like a sudden gust of wind. i felt my heart drop to my stomach, Revenge?

I followed after him.

"What do you mean revenge?" i muttered out. he looked back, "My family. they were killed. and my sister was turned into a demon, i swore my life i will find whoever did that to them." he said fury and sadness filled his usually bright eyes.

"I'll help you!" i muttered out before covering my mouth. he smiled and grabbed my hands holding them in his. "That would mean so much to me." a smile lifted on his face before he patted me on the head and turned to keep walking.

We soon neared a clearing and heard a loud boom, soon a scream came along with it. Tanjiro rushed to the scene leaving me to have to follow, a black haired boy around our age with green eyes laid on the floor. he had a large gash in the side of him that looked a lot like what Hana-sensei had. Out of insict i ran over to the boy, "Tanjiro!!" i said before ripping some of the boys haori and tying it around his waist.

"It's not that deep." He told me, "I've felt worse." I looked at him. How could someone say that and be in such a vulnerable state? just like Hana-sensei.. i shoke my head before Tanjiro came rolling over back at me, his nose started to bleed. "Tanjiro!" i gasped looking back at the demon. The demon was a girl with blue hair and blue skin, her eyes were a darker shade than her hair. "My my." she said looking at me. "What a beautiful girl you are." she bit on her long nails as she looked me in the eyes.

Tanjiro's POV
(y/n) sat crouched in front of the wounded guy. the demon launched itself at her, i gasped trying to get up but before i could.. "Mist breathing, fourth form. shifting flow slash." she said calmly striking her sword down. winds of mist flew around as the demons hand went flying.

"You brat!" she yelled getting up, she stretched out her hand, blue like strings shot out at (y/n) she dodged them while grabbing the man putting him behind i tree. I got up pointing my sword at the demon. "Water breathing, Third form. Flowing dance." i called out gracefully closing the distance between me and the demon. It shot the blue strings out at me but i cut them easily. I lifted my sword getting ready to slash when i felt something wrap around my leg and pull me up.

I got swung into a tree and felt the tree crack out of impact. I tried to catch my breath as (y/n) ran back into battle. She and the demon started battling as she kept yelling out breathing techniques.

soon. I black out.

I opened my eyes seeing the girl land on the floor, blood trickling from places even I didn't know where. I got up grabbing her, "(y/n)!" i screamed. The demon chuckled sending strings at me. i grabbed my sword cutting them effortlessly. I got up in a battle stance and launched myself at the blue haired demon. i swung my body to the side planting my feet to catch my balance. Strings came racing to my feet. I jumped up landing on the strings grabbing them and pulling her closer to me, The demons eyes widened as she fell over before detaching the strings and rolling to the side.

"Water breathing, sixth form. Whirlpool." i said slashing the demons head off. finally i looked back to see the (h/c) haired girl breathing slowly. I went over to her bringing her up on my lap, running my fingers through her hair, just then did i realize how beautiful she was.. "Are you okay?" i said pulling her closer. Her eyes looked deep into mine before saying some words. "I just need some rest." she told me before closing her eyes. I nodded dragging her onto my back, what had happened to her while i was out? i thought.