Chapter 24- Shining

Muichiro came into my room shortly after. Tanjiro was already gone, he was assigned a new mission. His eyes looked cold, I didn't wanna question them.

I never got to answer the question Tanjiro gave me because a crow had interrupted us. He told me to think about it, but I was thinking a little too hard.

I got up and bowed my greetings to him but he stopped me. "Lay back down, I know you're in pain." He said softly. My only active eye widened. He sounded different than usual. "Sit back down." He didn't smile, but his eyes softened. I nodded sitting down quickly.

"I found tracks of Okumuru." He said looking at me, his black hair looked extremely soft today. "What!? Really!?" I fought the urge to stand up again. My hands clapped together. He just nodded, "You need to get stronger, yes we need to get you stronger. You could never beat him in the state you're in."

I nodded, I knew the consequences if I were to get up now and fight him. Muichiro sighed "Tomorrow we will get to training, the training will be so much harder than before. But you can't give up." He nodded to me before leaving the room. He may be young but he sure knows what he is doing.

I laid back in the bed, I knew no matter what, I would start training so hard my limbs might fall off.

-
The next day was gruesome, Kyojuro trained me harder than before. He was insanely strong, and his blade burned to the touch. He could probably snap his finger and I would go flying.

My consciousness slowly faded into white. "Rain breathing, Seventh Form. Stormy Winds!" I yelled out before rushing at him.

Don't forget to step gracefully.

Oka's voice rang in my ears. I nodded though, my steps getting significantly lighter. Kyojuro's eyes widened at the sudden change in my presence, but he still blocked my attack. I put all my strength into the middle of the sword before pushing forward, his wooden sword snapped in half. "Great!" He smiled, and he patted my head proudly.

My ears started to ring. The way my consciousness can connect to Oka's hurts my head. I wobble backward "I'm not done yet." I say clutching my sword and planting my feet into the ground. He chuckled "you need rest young one, I know how much you probably wanna keep going." He said softly. I shook my head, "If I keep stalling just because I'm tired I'll never get to where I need to be."

"You're right about that," He grabbed another wooden sword before backing up and getting back instantly. And the next thing I knew he disappeared. I closed my eyes, "Rain breathing, Fifth form. Blessed rain god." I breathe out softly.

The presence around me got immediately softer, all I can hear is the sound of rain pattering against pavement and grass. And then I heard the interruption of a breath. I swung my sword to the side and immediately it hit Kyojuro's. The whole aura changed back to normal.

A huge bright smile was on his face "You did it!" He backed up putting his hands on his hips. I started to breathe heavily. "If you were to hit me with a harder attack you could've definitely knocked me off my feet!" He grabbed my sword and put them both away. "I'm proud of you, you've come a long way."

Muichiro walked out into the field, "I'm hungry." He said sternly. "Ah yes!" Rengoku said rushing inside. I sat down on the grass to breathe in softly, I had to catch my breath. I knew what I had to do, and I know what needs to be done.