Chapter 18- Beach

"Focus." Giyuu said as he put his sword in front of him demonstrating to me how it's supposed to be done.

Rengoku sat in the sand making a sand castle with Tanjiro, Inosuke, And Zenitsu.

We came to the beach so Giyuu could show me how to control the ways of water, and rengoku and the others just came along.

I nodded putting my sword in front of me. I gripped it before sliding my foot backwards and slashing my sword up.

"Tch." Giyuu said calmly standing up straight. "Calm down, your body is so tense.. you'll never get where you want to be if you keep doing it like that." He told me.

"Remember (y/n)-chan! practice makes perfect!" Rengoku called out from behind a pile of sand. I snickered getting back in the stance, i slid my foot backwards digging it into the sand for balance swinging my sword up again.

Little rain droplets emerged from where my sword was swinging. "You kind of did it." Giyuu scratched the back of his head.

I sighed "Maybe if i try a breathing form."

I looked over at the talk male, the sunset behind him was beautifully washing over the horizon giving the ocean a golden hue.

"Okay, let me show you this." he said going into the water. he gripped his sword dipping it into the water.

"Water breathing, Sixth form. Whirlpool!" He called out. a big whirl of water surrounded giyuu in a fast motion.

"Woah!" Inosuke said running up to my side. At this point, it was impossible to see giyuu... he had manipulated the water to his liking.

Exactly what i need to do for the thirteenth form.

The whirlpool grew faster as little droplets of water splashed our faces.

When the water died down there stood giyuu. His hair was drenched and his clothes stuck to his body. He stood up straight to look at us, even Kyojuro was amazed.

"Tomioka that was amazing!" Kyojuro said crossing his arms. Giyuus eyes shifted to look at the flame haired man before he began to walk over to us. "A standard water user should know how to use that." Giyuu said looking at me and Tanjiro.

Tanjiro's breath hitched "But tomioka-san what about my dance of the fire god?"

"You can study both!" Kyojuro said slapping the boy in the back. Tanjiro fumbled forward. "Now get back to work (Y/n). Tanjiro, i will help you control your flames!" He said turning and trotting away.

"Look." Giyuu said bending down. He made a line in the sand, "This line is sun breathing." He said pointing to the line. he started drawing lines and then another line connected to represent all the breathing styles.

"This is breath of the rain." He said pointing to a line. My eyes traveled, it looked like a little painting of lines. "Why is it all the way down there?" i questioned.

"Because it isn't as important as the other ones, nobody uses it anymore." He said calmly standing up. "Now show me the styles you learned in your dreams and we will perfect them." He gave a slight smile.

I nodded grabbing my sword backing up.

——-
Kyojuro bent down "Get on my back, you seem tired." He told me. "Wait! can she get on my back instead...?" Tanjiro said from behind. Me and kyojuro both turned with shocked looks on our faces.

"Well of course! if she wants to." He said looking me in the eyes. "O-oh sure." I said walking over to him.

He bent down far enough for me to be able to climb onto his back. "Not fair, Tanjiro gets to carry a girl on his back!" Zenitsu hissed to Inosuke in a hushed tone.

Inosuke took of his boar mask for some fresh air "Why would you wanna carry a girl on your back!?" Inosuke whispered back.

Zenitsu didn't answer, he just crossed his arms.

"Tomioka-san." Tanjiro said softly looking over at the tall black haired male while he gripped my thighs to keep me on his back.

Giyuu looked over at him with a blank stare, a hint of confusion filled his eyes. "If water breathing is the most simplest technique to learn then why is Rain breathing so complex?"

My eyes widened, i never thought about that myself. Rain breathing came mostly from Water breathing, so how come it was harder?

"Because rain isn't just water, wind has a big role in it too."

"What makes rain breathing so hard and special is the usage of all three forms." Kyojuro inserted himself into the conversation. "It's like learning all three forms." Zenitsu said looking at Kyojuro.

Kyojuro slapped him in the back with a smile "Correct! it is a lot like that."

I sighed, Tanjiro stopped crouching down. "Get off," He said softly. "H-huh?" I said confused, he sounded worried as he sniffed the air.

I slowly slid off his back, "Is everything-" Something flew and hit me in my side throwing me into a tree before Giyuu and Rengoku could notice.

I tried to catch my breath as i heard the tree crack slowly,

"(Y/n)! get up!" Rengoku said as he pulled out his sword looking around trying to find whatever hit me.

Tanjiro rushed over to me before he got hit too.

He didn't get hit very far so he got back up and grabbed me. "I will protect you!" He coughed, the tree slowly tipped over both of us.

He held my head close to his chest as the tree flew over.