Chapter 27- Goodbye

"Tanjiro hold on!" I called as I chased him down the dirt trail. He turned and smiled at me, his skin glowing in the sunlight. I jumped in his arms, his strong arms wrapped around my waist.

A giggle erupted from his chest as he let go of me.

"Tanjiro I-"

"(Y/n) Wake up! It's over." Oka interrupted me.

Everything went black again, I turned around to be met by my gray-eyed mentor, tears were in her eyes.

"I'm sorry... It's over now. You did it."

I began to cry. It's all over, yet, I'm still suffering.

——-
"Caw!!" The bird dropped a paper into Kyojuro and Muichiro's hands.

Kyojuro's eyes widened as he caught the paper reading it. He looked at Muichiro before he began reading "On this day, (y/n) (l/n) defeated Upper Moon 6." He smiled and continued reading. "She lost her life due to her wounds, but she fought hard. We send this message to the close ones to her." His smile faded as he clenched the paper. Tears fell onto the paper. Muichiro had tears forming in his eyes, so he turned his back to Rengoku.

"Oh, dear (l/n)-Chan. You fought well." Rengoku said softly pulling Muichiro closer to him as he also cried softly. "I will kill them. Kill them... all..." Muichiro sobbed softly in the arms of the flame pillar.

Kyojuro felt guilt rise in him as he wiped his tears. He knew he wasn't able to protect me but that was not his fault, not his fault at all. But he kept crying anyways.

—-
"Hashira Shinobu, Hashira Giyuu!!" The bird dropped another paper into her hands. Shinobu's eyes furrowed as she opened up the paper. She put her hand over her mouth. Giyuu ran up behind her, "Who is it?" He said slightly panicked.

"(Y/n)." She said softly. Giyuu slumped sadly hearing my name escape her lips. "She... she died fighting upper moon 6."

"Upper moon 6!" Giyuu grinds his teeth quietly. "He killed Oka Hana."

"He is also dead. She killed him. She did it." Shinobu placed her hand on his shoulder. He nudged her off and walked away. A tear fell down her cheek, she wiped it away and walked after him.

—-
(Tanjiro's POV)
I carried her body back to the headquarters. There, they held a ceremony for her, for her accomplishment and hard work.

I loved her. The first girl I ever wanted to be with, the missing piece in my heart when my family passed had been slowly restored, and yet...

Yet they took her too.

The pain of this heartbreak is unbearable, but I swear I will avenge her.

"(Y/n)... I will defeat these demons... I will defeat every single one of them."

The end.