Chapter 12- Hotel

Tanjiro's POV
the girl fell fast asleep in my arms. I chuckled lightly at the scene of her. Soon enough i neared the village, i didn't see much people because it was dark.

Nezuko's box swung up and i stopped to let her out. She stretched and became her normal size and stood next to me. She looked at (y/n) and made a 'hm!'

I smiled and nodded and continued walking. She walked along side of me looking around, her eyes fluttered from one thing to another.

Soon we neared a hotel and i smiled happily, i can finally take a rest, "Nezuko we are going to sleep here for the night." I told her. She nodded and walked in, i followed after her. "Hello, what brings you here young demon slayer?" The desk clerk smiled. I smiled happy they knew what my affiliation was. "I need a room for two." I smiled.

"You sure~?" He looked at the girl being cradled in my arms. My cheeks heated up as i nodded quickly "y-yes! i'm sure." I tried to hide my blush.

"haha, i'm just playing." The desk clerk smiled handing me a key. I nodded turning to walk down the hallway. Nezuko was too small for the man to notice over the desk because she shrunk herself so she can hide from whatever dangers.

When we got to the room i laid (y/n) into a futon and slowly took off her hoari so she can have a better nights rest. I folded it and placed her sword on top of it and did the same for mine. Nezuko climbed back into her box and closed the door. I laid in my futon stretching out my back a bit. Using dance of the fire god sometimes makes me a little sore.

"Tanjiro..." The girl mumbled. I looked back to look at her. "Come here." She whispered softly, i scooted closer to her and looked down at her "What's wrong does something hurt?" She pulled me down to her, "(y)-(y/n)!" I said my face flushing a bright red. Our noses touched as she woozily yawned before letting go of her grip.  I pulled away sitting next to her.

"What was that for?" I chuckled scratching the back of my head trying to get a reason for the embarrassing incident.

She looked up at me before closing her eyes and turning back around.

I sighed laying next to her, i wrapped my arm around her waist pulling her closer to me. "Is this what you want?"

I could feel her give a slight nodd.

"Don't i smell sweaty?" She mumbled. I shook my head chuckling. Even if she did, i didn't smell it.

———————————

When i opened my eyes the sun hit my back harshly. (Y/n) was still snuggled close to me, sleeping in my arms. I slowly sat up stretching myself.

(y/n)'s POV
I felt his warm embrace go cold as he stood up. I turned to look at him, He was staring off into the distance. We are only just friends, he was just keeping me company.

I reminded myself over and over again. "Thank you, Tanjiro." i said sitting up.

"For what?" The boy replied turning to face me. "Keeping me company last night." I smiled "Oh and saving me."

"Of course!" He turned his whole body to face me. He scooped his hair back into it's usually style before standing up and slipping on his hoari. I did the same thing grabbing onto my sword clipping the scabbard to my belt.

"Where we heading?" i asked the boy. He scratched his head. "We can just go patrol around some village and see what we can find." He shrugged. "Alright!" I smiled opening the door and leaving the room.

Tanjiro picked up Nezuko's box sliding it onto his back following after me closing the door.

We walked down the hall of the hotel. The walls were a nice light pink and had sakura flowers decorating it.

Tanjiro handed the clerk the key and we waved our goodbyes before leaving.

"West?"

"Who goes west? let's go north."

"Who goes north? let's go south!"

"Who goes south!? let's go east!"

Me and tanjiro sat and fought which direction we should go until Tanjiro finally gave in.

"Fine, we will go north." He laughed beginning to walk north. "I don't wanna go north!" I teased. Tanjiro looked back at me confused. "I'm kidding!" I patted him on his back and walked ahead.

He scoffed catching up to me.

I looked down at my map, "It seems like we are going to be heading to the Lotus Village." I told the boy. He looked at me, his eyes shined brightly. "The lotus village? me and my family use to go there every year! they are having a lotus festival tonight we must go!" He said grabbing my wrist and dashed forward.

"Tanjiro! we have all day to get to this village slow down!" I said, my legs trying to keep up. He slowed down "Sorry, i just haven't seen the festival since my family passed and i am excited!" He said letting go.

"It's okay, i'm excited to see it to!"

Lotus: a symbol of purity, enlightenment, self-regeneration and rebirth.

—————————
Sorry for the short chapter! i just wanna say how thankful i am for all the reads! and if you couldn't tell i'm kinda bad at writing Cuddle scenes-