Chapter 17- Thoughts

I woke up on a futon, a tight hand was wrapped around my waist. My eyes traveled to the side. Tanjiro's messy burgundy hair was all over his head, and his head was tucked into the crook of my neck. His warm breath bounced off my shoulder.

I sighed with a soft smile before turning my body to face the boy. He made a sligh grunting sound but stayed asleep, his hair covered his eyes and his hand was placed neatly on the pillow. I reached my hand up and touched his cheek, his soft skin met contact with my hand as i caressed it.

He jerked away looking me in the eyes. "Ah!" I said about to take my hand away. He grabbed my hand keeping it on his face, he then took it away grabbing my waist and pulling me closer to him.I gasped at his quick actions, a chuckle escaped my lips.

"Ah! young love!" Rengoku said bursting into the room. I tried to pull away but Tanjiro kept me close.

"Go away." Tanjiro mumbled. "Tanjiro, that's Rengoku-san.."

"Oh!" Tanjiro said bouncing up. "I'm so sorry Rengoku-San!" He said getting up and bowing.

Rengoku laughed walking over to the boy.

Tanjiro looked up at him. "You better not hurt her." Rengoku smiled but you could tell his veins were about to pop out his head.

"Ah! i won't! i won't!" Tanjiro said bowing over and over again.

"I'm kidding!" He said turning around and leaving.

He looked back.

"Or am i?"

He walked away laughing.

Tanjiro looked back at me, "I'm sorry." I laughed scratching my head.

"It's okay." He smiled slipping on his haori, a bandage was wrapped around his waist to secure the stab wound. "Are you feeling better?"

"Why are you asking me that when your not okay yourself?" He chuckled walking over to me.

"Well the wound is pretty bad, and it got poisoned." I said reaching up to touch the bandages.

"And you worked yourself to protect me." He bent down and hugged me. "I thank you for that."

A warm smile approached my face as i hugged him back, "Why wouldn't I?"

He shrugged helping me up "Senjuro-kun made you some food, let's go." He said. I grabbed his hand pulling myself up.

I looked around, my room i would stay in before the final selection.

I had a lot of Hana-sensei's old belongings, the demon that killed her that night.

I'll find him.

"You okay?"

I looked over at Tanjiro who was waiting at the door. "Oh yea, sorry." I chuckled.

———-

Flashback to (y/n)'s dream.
"The 13th form can have very bad outcomes, one being death." Hana told me.

My eyes widened, i don't think i want that, but at the same time that form is the strongest. You can create a rain storm just with your sword... never did i think a human could do that.

These past days i would go to sleep and Hana and Ryuu would be there waiting for me.

"The ninth form looks like this." Ryuu-sama said getting in a stance.

"Rain breathing, Ninth form. Spinning Rain clover!" He said spinning his sword. A water like circle formed in front of him.

"Watch!" Hana smiled picking up a rock throwing it at Ryuu-sama. As soon as the rock met contact with Ryuu's attack it was sent flying.

"Woah.." I said watching astonished.

———-

Tanjiro smiled, "It's alright."

I got up and grabbed his hand pulling him out the room, "Tanjiro can i tell you something?"

He looked at me confused. I let go of his hand looking at him, "The demon that killed Hana-sensei.. i don't know much about him. But i found out that he has two demon blood arts."

"two!?" Tanjiro gasped.

i nodded. Even i was at lost for words, this demon was truly stronger than i thought and i'm not exactly sure what to do.

I know for sure that i'm getting the revenge Oka deserves, but i'm not nearly strong enough.

"Ah, there you are!" I heard a voice say, i turned to be met by the boy Senjuro. His smile radiated and made my heart feel warm.

i smiled and nodded "I missed you." i said hugging him. His arms wrapped around me, "I was so worried when i heard how hurt you had gotten!" He said pulling away.

"I'm sorry for making you worry!" I gasped. He quickly shook his head "No no don't worry" he laughed "Your guy's food is in there." He pointed to the kotatsu.

"Thank you very much!" Tanjiro bowed before turning and walking to the kotatsu, i followed behind him. He sat down and picked up his bowl and chop sticks.

"Hey... i never really asked you but can you tell me more about Hana-san?" Tanjiro said before eating some of his food.

My eyes widened, what exactly was i supposed to say? she was a beautiful woman who was independent and strong? no that was obvious.

"Well when i say that i mean about her history with Okumuru." He finally said.

Ah, just what i wanted to hear.

"Her history with him... well." i thought about it, "He made a illusion and tricked her to simply believe that she was living in a beautiful village and she was the richest on earth... he made her believe that he was a human, and her and her mother were his family." I said finally picking up my food.

"So his illusion are pretty strong." Tanjiro said with a mouthful of ramen.

i nodded, for a living thing to be able to make a illusion so big.. and for it to look so real.

Imagine how powerful his illusions are now, now that he is stronger. And the fact that he has another demon blood art now too makes it so much worse to think about.

Tanjiro placed his bowl down "Listen, (y/n). no matter what i promise i will protect you. I will help you defeat this demon!" He said with a wide smile.

I chuckled "You're so bright, i'm happy to know you're by my side." i said placing my bowl down too.

————-

AHHHHH i'm so sorry! this chapter is really bad- this is really rushed because i felt so bad for making you guys wait for so long!