Chapter 13- The incident at the lotus festival

"Inosuke! Please i beg you!"

Tanjiro looked to the side, a familiar voice rung from within the village. "Sounds like Zenitsu and Inosuke have decided to make a stop here too." I chuckled. Tanjiro stifled a laugh too as we followed where the voice was coming from.

Zenitsu held onto Inosuke holding him back from a man with dark brown hair and blue eyes. "You wanna go!?" The boar-headed boy yowled.

"I'm so sorry sir!" Tanjiro said as he quickly chopped Inosuke in the neck sending him into a unexpected slumber.

"It's okay." He rolled his eyes turning to walk away. Of course he was no demon, there was no way because the sun was out, But he had a pretty weird aura to him.

"There's a lotus festival here tonight." Tanjiro smiled warmly looking at Zenitsu. "Really?!"

Zenitsu's honey colored eyes brightened with excitement.

"What happened!?" Inosuke got up off the ground quickly. "How'd you wake up from that so fast..." I put my hand over my mouth. "I'm special." Inosuke put his hands on his hips as though he was the sun and we were the planets orbiting him. "Let's find a good place to stay and get some food and stuff so we can watch the fireworks later on." Tanjiro planned. We all nodded, well expect for inosuke.... he still wasn't sure what was going on. Inosuke and Tanjiro went one way and me and Zenitsu went a different way.

————-
"What type of food do you like?" I asked the yellow haired boy. He looked over at me "M-? o-oh ummm..." He pondered. "I really like eel!"

"Eel? that's expensive." I chuckled. Back when i met my mom after about 4 years i was able to pick pocket her... so i think i have enough money for that.

I remembered Tanjiro telling me his favorite food is kelp rice balls, which aren't that hard to get. While nezukos is konpeitō which i don't think i'll find any here and Inosuke? he would eat anything!

——-
Me and Zenitsu searched everywhere and bought different foods we think everyone would like.

"(Y/n)." Zenitsu said calmly. I looked at the boy. I held multiple bags in my hands and so did he. They were filled with goods that would soon be consumed. "That day you met your mother, why did you push her away?"

My eyes widened. I know the boy knows nothing about me really despite the fact i was almost killed and his squad mate knows me. So, i wasn't really bothered by the question.

"She was abusive, and used me to benefit herself."

The interest in his eyes sparked. "Can you tell me more?" He questioned a little hesitantly. I could tell he wanted to know but didn't wanna push me to tell him stuff i didn't want to.

"She would try to sell me to older people numerous times, and tried to get me to make money for her in the most horrifying ways. Let alone the fact that i wasn't able to have friends or even socialize with people around me." I sighed.

Because of her, i have a really bad lack in socializing. Last night when Tanjiro cuddled close to me gave me a sense of relief i've never felt before, nobody ever did that to me. Yukio would've, but he was pushed away from me because he wasn't as 'good' as me. I was no better than him... ever. Honestly i was worse. I still don't understand the meaning or feeling of love, i never had anyone to teach me that type of stuff.

"I'm sorry for asking." Zenitsu said softly. "No, no, it's alright." I smiled. I think it's better that Zenitsu knows more about me, about why i was brought into the world and why i am now a demon slayer along his side. Well, atleast that's what I think.