Chapter 11- Burns

Me and Tanjiro walked through the forest. My feet were already tired. "What were you and Tomioka-san talking about?" Tanjiro said cutting the silence.

"Oh... he is going to help me learn the breathing forms of breath of the rain."

"But he isn't a rain breather?"

"Yes i know... it's too much to explain." I shook my head

"Well whatever you do, if there is anything i can do to help, tell me!" Tanjiro said turning to look at me with a smile. I looked at him, I gazed into his eyes. For some reason, he was always so kind to me.

Tanjiro's hand shot in front of me as he stopped in his tracks. "I smell something." He said. I looked around, i always had a pretty good eye sight. "What does it smell like?"

"Sulfur."

My nose winched. I was happy i didn't have a good since of smell. "Tanjiro where is it coming fro-" i started before something wrapped around my leg pulling me away from Tanjiro.

"(Y/n)!" Tanjiro screamed running after me.

"Water breathing, Third form. Flowing Dance!" Tanjiro called out cutting the thing that was pulling me.

I lifted up looking around me, it was a huge clearing... but there were human corpses scattering around the whole place.

"Ah, my prey got away." Said a voice.

Me and Tanjiro looked to see where the voice was. It was a demon with gray skin and no eyes, well it had eyes but they were blacked out. There was whips coming from all over its back.

Without letting us speak it sent whips soaring at us

"Mist breathing, Fourth form. Shifting flow slash!" I call out unsheating my blade quickly slashing one of the whips flying at me. Tanjiro didn't even need to call out a breathing form since his sword was already out.

The demon sent more whips at us, but we blocked every attack.

One hit me in my side sending me flying into Tanjiro. "Gah!" I exclaimed trying to catch my breathe from the strong impact. "You alright!?" Tanjiro said helping me up. I nodded quickly turning back into battle.

"You guys are getting annoying." The demon made a 'tch' sound. "Then just die." i said harshly. "look at all these corpses. Don't you recognize the uniform you share with them? you'll just join them with that mouth you have." The demon crossed its arms.

"Wanna test m-"

"(y/n)." Tanjiro said sternly. "Working up your opponent isn't going to make your chances of winning higher. it might just make it lower."

I sighed, secretly rolling my eyes, glaring back at the demon. it sent more whips at us, it collided with my sword creating sparks of fire. "We can't block all these attacks!" Tanjiro panted as he fought for his life blocking each attack.

"Mist breathing, second form. Eight layered mist!" i said cutting all eight whips. "Listen, we have to come up with something or we will die." I told the boy. He nodded "I have a idea, you distract."

My eyes widened. I'm not use to being distraction. But i nodded. "Mist breathing, First form. Low clouds distant haze." I said rushing in front of me. The demon sent whips at me, they hit me in the side and caused me to scream in pain. I fell rolling to the side getting back up quickly.

"Your a strong one. Aren't you." The demon sneered not hesitating to send more my way. I sliced them and jumped over another shakily holding out my sword.

"I sure am." I smiled. Blood started to trickle from my forehead down my chin.

The demon stood up. "You know what." it cracked its knuckled before liquid started pouring out the demons mouth. the whips on the demons back melted away, leaving a puddle on the soft green grass.

"What did you-?" I began before the whips formed around me holding each arm and leg i own. I screamed as i was picked up from the ground into the air being held up high,

A whip curled around my neck pulling tightly. I screamed in agony. "I love seeing humans suffer." The gray skinned demon came closer to me, giggling at my vulnerable state. I looked at the demon somberly. Blood started to erupt from my mouth causing me the throw it up all over the demon. It spat in anger wiping the blood off.

I laughed with the strength i had,

It kicked me in the stomach making me cry in the jolting pain surrounding my body.

"Don't worry. your the least amount of my problems." The demon snickered.

"And i'll be the most amount them." Tanjiro said. His aura was so much different now, it was like he was a different person.

His expression showed nothing but anger, and i could feel the heat coming off of the red haired boy.

He began to breathe in, red flames emerging from the sides of his mouth.

"Dance of the fire god, Sunflower thrust!" Tanjiro yelled out.

"Dance of the fire god?" my eyes widened

I've heard Tanjiro mention it before, but i have never seen him actually use it...

Tanjiro threw his sword hitting his opponent in the heart. The demon screaming in pain as the flames unrolled on the demons body. Tanjiro raced to the demon and pulled his sword out, and in one quick movement, "Dance of the fire god. Burning bones, summer sun." He howled as he spun gracefully cutting the demons head off. His sword was engulfed in beautiful red flames burning the demon.

The demon screamed at the pain afflicted on it as it's head dropped to the ground. The whips keeping me in place disintegrated leaving me to fall to the ground. "Are you okay?" Tanjiro said catching me. I looked into his deep burgundy eyes snuggling my head into his chest. "Thank you!" I cried out. the stinging sensation of the whip around my neck haunted me. Tanjiro chuckled standing up. The demon didn't take long to disintegrate, "Would you like to stop and take a rest?" He offered. I nodded, my head still tucked in the boys uniform. He covered me up with his hoari and began walking to the village we were supposed to have patrolled.

"We will stop and get a hotel." He sighed.