Chapter 8- Reuniting

"We are here!" Tanjiro yelled loud enough for the boys to hear.

I looked around realizing just how familiar this forest was. I looked over and saw a tree, I walked over to it seeing written out words saying 'Yukio and (y/n)'s hang out spot.' Just then it hit me. I gasped looking in front of the tree and dashed in the direction I remembered the village to be.

"Hey!" Tanjiro yelled chasing after me. My hair swayed behind me as I ran until the village had come into sight. I felt my heart sink looking around at the place I once lived. Not too long after, Tanjiro and the 2 boys followed behind him. "Don't just run off like that (Mispronounced name)!" Inosuke said. I looked back at the boy, "Come on." I told them as I slid down the hill. When I reached the bottom I saw people having a regular day, it seemed as though the sun was shining brighter than usual.

I began to walk into the village breathing in the fresh scent of the blazing sun. "What is this place?" Tanjiro asked. I looked over at the boy with a smile "My hometown." I said. Zenitsu gasped "Really!? that's cool!" he said twirling around to get a full glimpse. Inosuke looked around shocked "There are so many lights." he said surprisingly calmly.

"(y/n)?" I heard a shaking voice say. I turned to be met by a woman who looked almost just like me. she had long (h/c) hair and green eyes. She wore a kimono with flowers on it, similar to the one I was wearing when I ran away.

Tears swelled into the women's eyes "My baby!" she wailed as she pulled me in a tight hug. My face fell agape as I sat through the warmth of her kimono until she pulled away. "Where have you been?!" she said.

"No...." I finally got out backing up from her. "Mom..?" I said putting my hand on my chest. "Yes! it's me!" she nodded happy that I remembered.

Flashback
"You stupid bitch! I hate you!" My mother said. her long (h/c) hair was everywhere. "Y-you don't actually hate me.. right?" I looked her in the eyes. "Oh, I do. I should honestly sell you, oh how much money I would make!" she laughed, her voice echoing through the house.

Present Time
"I hate you!" I yelled. Her eyes widened at the sudden outburst looking at me. "Tanjiro.." Zenitsu whispered to his teammate. "Don't try to act nice just because you haven't seen me in almost 4 years," I said wiping my newly formed tears away.

"I'm not acting nice, you are my child. I only just wanted the best for you." The (h/c) haired woman whimpered.

"No, you didn't."
said a familiar voice

a turned to see a tall boy with black fluffy hair waving over his beautiful gray eyes. he wore a white yukata and black sandals.
"Yukio!?" I exclaimed. "You never wanted the best for her, and still don't. you just want her for the benefit of yourself." Yukio said. His eyes still shined in the sunlight just like how they did a few years ago.

"You brat!" My mother yelled going to slap him but Tanjiro grabbed her arm and twisted it. She let out a yelp. "I'm sorry ma'am, But you don't look like a very good person," Tanjiro said softly before letting go and pushing her back a little bit. Tears welled in her eyes "Please! come home." she said making a scene. Remembering all the things she did to me I shook my head, "Never in a million years." The woman's face widened as she balled up her fists "Fine! you weren't a good daughter anyways, you just wanna be one of those peasants!" she yelled before turning and walking away.

I looked over to Yukio, and before I could say anything he pulled me into a hug. "The day I heard you left I knew it was because of her." He told me. I pulled away and looked up at him with a smile, "I missed you."

"Ew! What is this a love story." Inosuke crossed his arms. "No inosuke, she is reuniting with her friend," Tanjiro said calmly giving me a thumbs up. "Oh! Yukio, this is Tanjiro, Zenitsu, and inosuke!" I said with i smile "I'm a demon slayer now." "Wow! a demon slayer!? I've heard so much about those! come to my house I'll fix you guys some food." He said turning on his heel happily and walking in the other direction.

Knowing we couldn't let down an opportunity to eat something we followed

Time skip
Tanjiro's POV
I sat in the kitchen sitting next to Nezuko's box. Zenitsu and Inosuke were outside yelling and 'training' and (y/n) and her friend Yukio were talking in the room. It was only a matter of time until the sun finally broke into the sunset so we were waiting.

I leaned over onto the box sighing, what I would do if I could say at least just one more thing to my family like (y/n) got to. No, it's not her fault that her family was the way they were, but if I were her and it was my family I would drop my Nichirin blade and run to them and never go back to demon slaying.

"Hey, you okay?" I heard a voice say. I looked over and the (height) girl stood in the doorway from the room to the kitchen. I gave a nodd half asleep. The girl walked over to me and slid down the wall plopping next to me. "I'm sorry you had to see that earlier, seeing my mother was the last thing I expected to do while being here." She sighed. "No it's okay, I'm happy you were finally able to tell her off, even if she doesn't wanna believe she is wrong you and I both know she is." I smiled at her.

Her eyes lit up as she looked at me, "I'm happy I no longer live with her, Demon slaying is my job now, and I'll fight to protect people!" she said confidently before standing up. "I'll never let someone else die as Hana-sensei did." She mumbled under her breath. I stood up and rested my hand on her shoulder "Hana-san is probably very proud of how far you've become, (y/n). Don't let her death be a burden, remember she is what makes you stronger!" I said with as many encouraging words as I could.

"How does she make me stronger if she's dead?" The girl sniffled out a laugh

"Well, I um.. it makes you remind yourself how bad demons are!" I tried my best to make my words sound better than before. "At least you tried." She smiled and hugged me.

Even if my words weren't as encouraging as I wanted them to be at least I could make her smile.