Chapter 7- Rain Breathing

Zenitsu's cries filled the quiet air as we walked, i was soon able to confuse my mind to believe it was a song that played over and over again.

"Tanjiro! why must we go~?" he cried out. Inosuke slapped him "Shut up damnit!" he said. They started to argue and me and Tanjiro kept walking.

"So," I started, Tanjiros red eyes gazed over at me. "How is nezuko?" i said trying to make a conversation. "She's doing well!" He smiled a big smile.

"Did you ever find the origins of Rain Breathing?" He asked me. How did he remember that was one of my biggest goals? "Yes." I replied with a soft chuckle. "Ohhh!" he clapped his hands together "What is it?"

Flashback.
I knocked on the water estate, my heart was pounding so hard. Me and the water pillar rarely talked even though i was the Mist pillars tsuguko. The door swung open, revealing a tall muscular man with black hair and blue eyes.

His hair wasn't in a ponytail like it usually was.

"Come in." He said turning to walk into the kitchen. I walked in and closed the door behind me, i took of my sandals and followed the man. "So what is it you've come in here for?" He said as he walked to the tea pot on the stove and stirred the tea. "The origin of Rain Breathing." I said bluntly, knowing him and Hana-sensei was very close. He made a grunting sound turning to look at me, his emotionless eyes had a small tint of sadness "You want to know because of Oka-san don't you." he said straightening up.

I nodded.

He left the room leaving me in there, The house was a usual minka but a little bigger. There was the Water Pillar's hoari and uniform hanging on a hanger. The house was clean and smelled very good, i closed my eyes to let the smell of the tea calm me before steps approached me.

"Oka-san was the first Rain Pillar." He told me sitting down at the kotatsu. I looked at him taking in the information the man was offering. "Rain breathing is only breath that originates from Mist, Water and Wind." He said flipping through the pages of a book. "Why was she the only Rain Pillar?" i finally spoke up.

His deep blue eyes met mine "Because, every breath of the rain user died." he said sternly. My eyes widened. "Most of them switched techniques because of how hard the technique was, The only reason it is so powerful is because of how complex each move is."

I thought about it, out of 13 forms, i only know 4. And even just those 4 drain me to my max.

The pillar slammed the book shut. "It isn't that much of a deal though, just not many people use the breath anymore." He told me before getting up pouring two cups of tea.

"Tomioka-san, how close were you and Hana-sensei?" Giyuu placed the tea next to her before inhaling.

Flashback
Giyuus POV
"Caw! Oka Hana the Rain Hashira has passed!" My old bird yelled out. "Is that the right message." I said in shock, i know that he accidentally got his words mixed up. He looked at me

"Yes." he said before flying off.

I felt my heart shatter, my crow being sassy wasn't going to help the situation either. Hana-san? the only person other than Tanjiro i had left... Another person i failed to protect. And another reason to hate myself even more.

Present time
(y/n)'s POV
"She was the only person who tried to bring out the best of me, just like Sabito." Giyuu said with a sigh, the man was actually showing a little bit of emotion.

"I'm sorry for asking that." I said softly taking a sip of my drink. "It's alright." He said standing up.

After i finished my drink i waved my goodbyes and set off to find the Wind Estate. I have already talked to Muichiro-kun about it, and Rengoku-san helped a little bit.

When i arrive at the estate i knocked on the door waiting for a angry man to open it but instead i was greeted by.... a calm one?

The wind pillars eyes were soft and he looked tired, "What brings you here?" he yawned. His eyes meeting mine, "To find out the origins of Rain breathing." I said confidently. The pillar laughed "Okay come in." He said welcomingly. That was the last thing I expected.

The house was just as neat as the Water estate but a few things on the ground. He lead me into a room with a few books on the table and grabbed it. "I was so determined to become a pillar, i had read this book over and over again." He said showing me the book, Over the cover it read 'Breath Of The Wind'. It looked old and worn out, but still looked helpful.

"Your feeling quite generous today!" i chuckled. The white haired mans faces changed into disgust "I-i'm just trying to help! do you not want me to help you!?" he screamed. I held my hands and waved them in front of me "I'm just kidding! i'm very thankful for your help!" I replied.

He turned and side eyed me before sitting down at the kotatsu. He flipped through the pages before stopping at one that read 'How breath of the wind helped breath of the rain.'

He read through the pages as i sat there pondering about what i had already learned about it.

Sanemi's POV
"There's not much to it." I said looking up at the (h/c) haired slayer. Her eyes drifted to meet mine and she sighed. "No back story?" she said disappointedly

I said there's not much to it obviously the back story isn't very interesting.

"Well of course there is a back story, but it isn't very important." I grumbled. "I still wanna know." She said cupping her hands to her chest. "Well, the person who made the breathing for is Tama Ren. He practiced Mist, Water, and Wind for years on edge until he was able to add them together to make a powerful breathing style." I sighed scratching my head. "He was praised for this but was soon found dead for unknown reasons." I said closing the book. The (e/c) eyed girl looked down. "There's more to it. i know it." She whispered. "Everything about it is in this boo-" i began

"No! i know there's more to it that isn't in there!" she said "Did you just cut me off you little shit!?" I screamed. "Y-yes i did!" she yelled back. "You ungrateful brat!" I said grabbing her by her collar and began dragging her out. "O-okay! i'm sorry!" She pleaded. I let go grabbing her shirt sleeve instead and continued dragging her until we got to the door.

"Listen kid, there's not much more i can do." I told her. Her eyes showed a glimpse of sadness, "Thank you for at least trying." She sighed opening the door and leaving.

"Ara~ Ara~ Shinazugawa-San."

My head whipped to the side as a saw Shinobu. "Have you come along to bother my too?" I growled. "Nope! i came to deliver your clean uniform, I'm going on a mission and happened to be passing by here so i wanted to give it to you."

(y/n)'s POV
As they talked i crept past them and walked away.

Present Time
"You'll find out sooner or later." Tanjiro told me with a big smile. I nodded "I hope!"