Meeting the in-laws

The last thing Bruce was expecting after patrol was for a young girl to fly in carrying Damian and why seemed like luggage. Damian seemed to be conversing with the girl with a faint smile. That was a scene Bruce didn't think was possible. He cleared his throat to get the attention of the teens who didn't seem to notice him. They both looked at him and the girl floated down to the floor before setting his son down next to her.

"Um good evening sir" she greeted, embarrassed. This got a snicker out of his youngest causing the girl to glare at him.

"Good evening to you to, miss.." he asked with a questioning look. The girl brightened up a little.

"Mari, or my adopted name is marinette but my real name is Mari-el. But just call me mari please sir." This piqued his interest. This girl had a kryptonian name. He glanced at his son who was holding the hand of this gir-mari he corrected himself. Damian seemed to sense his question and sighed.

"I will explain after the others get here." As if on quew the sounds of motorbikes fills the cave. "You can all take off your disguises, she knows who you are." Damian revealed, putting them all on edge and they all looked skeptically at the young blunette. "she's not a threat so don't looked at her like that!" Damian exclaimed earning a elbow in the ribs from said girl causing him to stumble.

"Dami, they have every right to be wary, I'd be concerned if they weren't. But I assure you I'm not your enemy. I grew up with Damian in the league, and that probably doesn't reassure you but I've never killed anyone and am actually a hero in Paris myself." This got confused looks from everyone, including Damian.

"Paris has hero's?" Bruce questioned, now very intrigued.

" Yes, but I'll explain that after Damian gives the explanation of me." She said smiling smugly. He groaned and pouted in her direction causing her to giggle. The rest of the bat family just looked at the pair dumbfounded.

"Fine. When I was born, a pod landed outside of the leagues quarters, mother recognised it as a kryptonian ship and when looking inside they found Mari. Her name was sewn into a blanket that she was bundled in. So mother knowing what krytonians are capable of, took her in and trained her from birth along side me. We were betrothed at age 5 through a special ceremony. Mari refused to kill but grandfather decided she was to valuable to get rid of. After the attack mother set us opposite ways." Damian then signalled for Mari to continue.

"I was meant to stay with the league as a weapon but the people delivering me where killed on the way. I was found by a french couple who thought I was a street kid and they took me to Paris with them where I have lived for the past 7 years." She finished. At the mention of her adopted parents  you could see how the light in her eyes dimmed slightly. Damian gripped her hand tighter. She smiled at him gratefully.

"So you are a Kryptonian?" Questioned Tim. She nodded in confirmation.

"And can you tell us about the need for hero's in Paris?" Bruce asked carefully.

She took a deep breath and proceeded to explain. "When I was thirteen, my classmate was the first victim of a magical terrorist named Hawkmoth. An akuma, an evilised butterfly, possessed my classmate and due to his negative emotions, he was transformed into stone heart. I went home and found a box containing my miraculous," she held up her right left hand showing a rose gold ring, " the miraculous of destruction and i became Lady Noir, partner to Mister-bug, Wilder of the miraculous of creation. Our job is to destroy the infected item and cleans the akuma. The ladybug miraculous does that and reverts the damage caused by the akuma. My power is to use a cataclysm to destroy what I touch. However my partner was a slacker and a bad hero so when my mentor, the person who chose me, passed on the role of guardian to me due to a incident resulting in the loss of his memory, I took the miraculous back from him and granted it to a worthy hero. I know who Hawkmoth is but I must gather evidence in order to attack and take back the miraculous of the butterfly and peacock, used by Hawkmoth partner Myura." She explained with a straight serious face, with every inch of her body tense.

"And why wasn't the justice team informed of this?" Batman questioned, causing her to glare at him with a burning intensity.

"I asked for help everyday for almost a year, only to be banned for contact due to prank calling them. I was forced into my position as a hero and if I wasn't who I am and wasn't raised as I was, then I would be completely untrained, like my ex-partner." This caused everyone to stiffen because no one should be forced into the hero life.

"Who answered your call?" Damian asked through gritted teeth. She placed a hand on his bicep to try and calm him down. He relaxed slightly but was still clearly agitated.

"I don't know who answered but it was the same person every time I called." She answered.

"Master Bruce, perhaps we should take our guest up to the the living room. It seems rather inhospitable to miss Mari standing here." Alfred suggested, appearing out of no where, unexpected by everyone bar mari who had heard him coming.

Bruce coughed cover up his embarrassment. " quite right Alfred. Boys, get changed and we will all continue this in the living room when we are all more presentable." He told them. They all nodded and left to change whilst Mari followed Alfred to the living room, and put her phone on charge.