Mama bear plagg

Plagg observed the boy who his kit had chosen. The young vigilante was sat at a canvas, with a mix of different blues in his paint palate and was studiously painting strokes into a swirl shape. From the tense posture the boy had shown when leaving the cave, to how much more relaxed he seemed in his studio, it was clear that this was a meditating experience for him.

" You and my kit really are alike." Plagg almost laughed watching the boy jump in his seat, but figured it wouldn't be received well. Damian looked at him with a healthy amount of fear and respect. it was clear that he had the same teachings as Mari and unlike the rest of his family understood that he was more then a creature who granted power to those who possessed his ring. The boy waited a minuet longer to find his words.

"What do you mean, Lord of destruction?" The kwami actually did bark a laugh at that, feeling a little guilty at the way the way the boy flinched at the sound.

"Relax, little Demon. Bread has blabbed on and on about you." His posture un-tensed slightly. "I mean that if there's ever a situation that you don't know how to deal with, you go and you know... make stuff." Damian fully relaxed.

"Oh, well yes I suppose that's true. Mother encouraged the both of us to never sit ideally, even when we do not know how to proceed next." Plagg sensed he was not finished. He watched as the Wayne boy took a deep breath.

"I feel." He started. "I feel as though I have failed Mari." He chanced a glance at the kwami who hummed for him to continue, looking at ease but not disinterested as he floated near by. "In all my years, she has been my closest companion and I would do anything for her. I want to make her happy and be there for her to confide in. But I have not succeeded and she has suffered for all her life. Whether I was by her side or not."

There was another minuet of silence, and before Damian could take back what he said, Plagg spoke.

"I care about Mari a lot. More than I've cared for a lot of my Kits." Damian was unsure where this was going. "But kwami is she stubborn. And stupidly independent. Now don't get my wrong. I love that I don't have to take care of her problems. Unlike a lot of the previous black cats believe, I can't just make everything go right for them with a thought. But sometimes I can help and she doesn't let me. Kid I feel the same sometimes. Like I've failed my Kit. But I know it's not that she doesn't trust us, or feels as though she can't talk to us. It's that she doesn't know how.

"You left the league and came to a loving family, people who taught you to be vulnerable and ask for help. She was taken in by two bakers who liked the thought of her. The thought of a sweet little girl who they could take care of when it was convenient for them and ignore the rest of the time. When they figured she wasn't the perfect little angel they wanted their daughter to be, they lost interest.

"Then when she was just getting settled into the new normal of a life without the league, Hawkmoth entered the scene and she had to become a hero whilst she was still separating the league views from the right views with no one to talk to about it.

"After that, when she was finally becoming the hero she was meant to be, and felt she was making up for her time in the demon Pitt, her mentor, who was preying rubbish already, went and got his memory wiped and stuck more responsibility onto a 15 year olds shoulders. And to top that off her previous partner was obsessed with them being 'made for each other' and attempted to stick it on her. So she had no support in her hero life other then us kwamis and all she had in her civilian was a faulty best friend.

"Finally Lila came into the picture and destroyed any semblance of a normal life she had, wiping out the stability she created for herself. It was a miracle she and Blondie found each other after Alya ditched her for the bigger story.

"On top of all this he's not allowed to show any negative emotion cause it would literally destroy Paris and possibly the world and every couple of years she'd have to master new powers. She hasn't had any stability since she left the league!"

The tiny Gods chest was heaving after his rant about the unfairness his charge had gone through. Damian could sympathise, the urge to forget his father's rule and make those who hurt his Malak pay was strong. And Plagg was right, Mari hadn't been taught what was okay and that she was allowed to be her own person. How long had it been since she'd had a good cry. Damian had a Bat approved therapist to work through his league trauma. Who did Mari have?

"I believe you have done well Plagg." Damian admitted softly once the kwami seemed to have calmed down. He received wide, confused eyes for his comment. "She is not as repressed as she could be had she not had you. She informed me of the chaos the two of you got up to. It seems to have been a good was for her to blow of some steam in a way that is not superheroing." The kwami gave a slightly bewildered laugh and before Damian could get to embarrassed or fear he crossed a line with the god, he flew up him and patted his cheek.

"Thanks kid. Mari chose well." He phased out of the wall after that, leaving Damian staring at where he had been and touching his cheek with a shocked look.