The tour

"Wayne enterprises started under the late Thomas Wayne, but the Wayne's have always had influence in Gotham. Mainly due to their hereditary need to try and reform the city. Under Bruce Wayne, the business has really grown and provides not only jobs to those who need it, but is also always moving towards a better future for Gotham and it's people."

The tour was going well. Dicks beaming smile and natural charisma had seemed to take the classes attention for a while, so no poorly conducted schemes of Lila were played.

Mari and Damian hung at the back, with Chloe just in front of them, walking close enough so that there hands brushed together but not too close that it would be obvious. They both had no desire to be far apart after the many years of separation.

"And we have now arrived at the cafeteria! Just on schedule as-well!" Dick exclaimed as they came to a large room with 6 seater tables and a food court on the far end. "Your ID cards allow you to spend £5 pounds in here or you may have brought your own food. But this is the only food stop for the rest of todays tour, so please ensure you have eaten enough to last you through. Any dietary needs or medical conditions that you think we're re not aware of are to be reported to me!" The dark haired boy never seemed to loose his sunny smile, "So, please enjoy the food and be prepared to leave in 30 minutes!" He clapped his hands which sent all the teens off to find food and a place to eat.

Mari and Chloe sat separately from the rest of the class who hoarded around the sausage haired girl. Damian joined the pair, sitting to the right of Mari, leaving room for Dick in between himself and Chloe.

"So, Wayne, when did you and Mari meet?" Chloe asked as they all began to eat there pre-made food (Alfred hadn't let them leave the house without one despite their insistence and Chloe was too fussy for cafeteria food).

"We were raised from new borns. My mother took Mari in around the time I was born." Damian replied vaguely, not sure how much of her past Mari had told to the blonde. Mari took his hand under the table, squeezing slightly in a silent message of 'I'll take this one'.

"As you know I never knew my biological family. I was found outside of where Damian lived and his mother took me in as a sort of... ward? In a sense." Mari finished, not looking at Chloe who was sure to sense the half truth. The girl in question simply hummed in acknowledgement.

"So Mari," Dick broke the slightly awkward silence that had defended fallen on the table, " what do you do in your free time?" Damian was also intrigued by the question, wanting to know what she had been up to in his absence.

"Well, I design. Clothes, mainly, but I do occasionally accept a commission for art work." She explained. "I actually have a pretty popular website and persona for it all."

"Pretty popular! Don't be so modest Mars!" Chloe interjected. "She's known as the next big designer and already has commission requests from big names." The blonde continued, not taking any notice of her friend going red from the compliments. "She had to set up a system so that people only get commissions if they've been recommended because she was receiving so many!"

"Really! That's so cool Mari! What's the website called?" Dick questioned, smiling at the sight of his brother gazing at the blunette with pride.

"Well it's just my real initials, so MK." She told the tall boy, who's eyes widened in recognition, along with Damian's.

"MK?! Drake has been going on about wanting to commission you for months!" Damian admitted, his brother nodding in agreement. "I've seen some of your designs and they're incredible Malak. You shouldn't dull down your achievements." The pair shared a small smile as he spoke so passionately to her. She nodded slightly.

"Wow! Just wait till Timmy hears! You won't be able to get him off your back Mari, he's followed your work from the beginning." Dick said, slightly in awe of the achievements of the 17 year old.

"I mostly get recommendations from my Uncle Jagged and i think he said something about Tim Drake being someone trustworthy for me to design for." Mari admitted thoughtfully, trying to remember the conversation. "I think he said something about being old friends with Bruce, he grew up in Gotham. Went by his real name, Jared or something."

"Jagged Stone?! Holy rock star Batman! You just get cooler by the second." The eldest Wayne brother said. "And yeah I think B had a childhood friend he calls J or something."

The group chatted aimlessly for the rest of the time, before Dick once again herded the group. He led them to the last few floors they had access to, giving them a insight to the latest tech that WE had been developing.

They then moved to the elevator, going back to the ground floor as the tour finished. They would be back the next day when they would look into the more specific place that focus on a singular aspect of the business.

"You've all been great today!" Dick announced, a large grin on his face. "Tomorrow we will meet here at the same time, and don't forget your IDs! Have a great evening and stay safe!" With that he turned to wait for Alfred in the reception.

Mari turned to Chloe, who enveloped her in a hug which the brunette returned with less enthusiasm. A small smile played on the hero's lips as she hugged the blonde.

"I'll see you tomorrow." The blunette started. "Try not to loose to many brain cells in the company of those idiots." The pair shared a laugh as they went there separate ways, Mari joining Damian and Chloe going to speak with Alix, one of the only classmates who was on the bench about the whole situation.

Damian put his arm around the shorter girls shoulder, pulling her into him and pressing a soft his to her temple.

"Come on Malak, we may be able to keep our intelligence if we leave now."

Heya! Hope this is alright, it's more of a filler chapter to try and introduce the batboys to Maris talents and see some of the friend ship between her and Chloe. Any constructive criticism is welcomed but no hate x