Getting reconnected

All the boys came up together and Damian sat on the love seat Inviting Mari to join him, which she did so happily, dick, Jason and Tim sat on the couch whilst Bruce took the arm chair.

"Um, Mr Pennyworth, is there a chance I could have so Camembert cheese?" Mari asked politely, fiddling with her hands nervously. All the boys stared at her in shock. Alfred smiled.

"Of course Miss Mari, and please address me as Alfred." She nodded to him and he walked off to retrieve it. Damian looked at her in confusion.

" I think I remember you once telling me that you would never eat something that smelt bad, and yet your requesting Camembert?" Damian questioned. She giggled.

"Calm down, it's not for me." She said cryptically.

Alfred came in with a knowing smile and set the Camembert on the table. They as watched as mari counted down from three with her fingers and when the final one went down a black blur flew out of her bag with the exclamation of "my gooey ness!" And then there was a tiny black cat chewing on the cheese.

"Plagg! Manners! Thank Alfred."Mari reprimanded the little cat, who swallowed the cheese and looked at Alfred.

"Thank you Alfred." Plagg said before turning back to the cheese. Alfred chuckled. Mari smiled fondly at the little deity.

"Um angel, wanna explain" Damian asked. She giggled before explaining the whole kwami stuff.

After she finished there was silence until a squeal came from the oldest bat son, causing Mari to cover her overly sensitive ears. "OMG YOUR A MAGICAL GIRLLL!" Dick exclaimed excited.

"Tt, would you shut up, she has super hearing you nitwit!" Damian shouted at his older brother.

Dick winced and quickly apologised, " I'm super sorry mari!" She giggled and reassured him it was okay.

"I should probably head back to my hotel, Chloe's gonna be freaked." Mari explained, although not wanting to leave Damien. A sentiment he shared if the way he gripped her hand way anything to go by.

"Don't be silly, you will stay here with us whilst your visiting. I will get in touch with your parents and teacher." Bruce decided.

"Thank you, but you don't have to call my parents, they don't care. They've basically disowned me" she said with a shrug and a small smile as an attempt to reassure them.

"We'll talk about that later angel" Damian whispered in her ear causing her to nod in defeat.

Bruce left to call her teacher whilst they all stayed in the living room. They were al firing questions at her and she answered each one calmly. They all liked her and she seemed to be a little ray of sunshine. She liked all of damian's relatives so far. Bruce came in and told her that her teacher had granted her permission. He seemed rather agitated but she couldn't blame him, given the incompetence that is her teacher.

"Mari, I'd like to introduce you to superman so he can take you to the fortress of solitude. He did mention something about another kryptonian being on earth but he couldn't find them so I believe that would be you." Bruce told her, causing her to look at him wide eyed.

"I would appreciate that a lot, thank you Mr Wayne." She replied hastily. He gave her a small smile before heading in for the night.

"Okay hooligans, I'd like to catch up with malak in peace, we've been apart for 7 years and we have a lot of catching up to do." Damian exclaimed. They all grumbled before they went to bed reluctantly. Mari grabbed her luggage.

"So, where shall I sleep?" She asked him. He smiled at her lovingly.

"Alfred has prepared the room next to mine I believe, away from the heathens." She giggled and followed him up towards their rooms. Plagg was god knows where so it was only them for the first time in 7 years.

When she got into the room, She set her stuff down, making sure the miracle box was out of sight, before getting into her shorts and t-shirt pyjamas set. She went to finish getting ready before hearing the soft knock at her door.

"Come in!" She called from the en-suite where she was washing her face. Damian entered and joined her in the bathroom, holding her right hand with his as she began to brush her teeth with her left.

He was content to admire the dark haired girl, taking in all that had changed about her. Her hair had grown beyond her shoulders, where she had to keep it for the league, and reached her lower back. She'd lost the baby fat of her 10 year old self and had a shapely face. She'd gained a few new visible scars, three what looked like claw marks dragged down her right thigh being the most noticeable. Her colour scheme had extended from the exclusively black she had been forced to wear when they were younger, seeming to have divulged into any colour she could find that complimented her.

Then he looked at the things that seemed to have not changed. The dimple on the left side of her mouth when she smiled. Her ears that had always been tiny in comparison to his. The small scar on her jawline for the first time she had refused to hurt someone. Her hair was still the same blue tinted colour. And finally her eyes were still like sapphires that gazed into him. Always being able to look through his cold attitude.

"What's on you mind demon?" She questioned. Another thing that had changed was her voice which was no long boisterously loud and high pitched as little girls were. It now had a melodic tone and flowed flawlessly.

"I'm just thinking about how much I missed you." He replied, bringing her soft hand, because no matter how much hard work she did it never showed on her dainty hands, to his lips to press a chaste kiss to it.

"I've missed you to." She replied without hesitation, using her hand that he held to guide him to look at her, not that he had any qualms about that. She gave him a soft smile and brought her hand to caress his cheek. He subconsciously leaned into her touch, a love-sick smile on his face.

No matter how long they'd been apart, it was apparent to both of them that they'd go to the end of the earth for each other.