The sheep

Damian and Mari sat in the back of the limo as Dick sat upfront with Alfred to allow the teens time to themselves.

"Dami, I just want to warn you that the class are very... well they all kind of don't like me and may have a thing or two to say about me." Mari explained, sliding around the topic and ringing her hands in a nervous habit that caused Damian to take one carefully into his own hand.

"What do you mean Habibi?" He asked, his unoccupied hand clenching at the implication that people may be acting unsavoury toward the blue eyed girl.

"There's this girl who is a complete alkadhib aleahira and has turned the whole class into a bunch of sheep who eat up all of her lies like Plagg eats Camembert. And it just so happens that a lot of those are about me. So yeah... just don't get to mad. I can handle myself and it doesn't bother me." She explained, rubbing his hand with her thumb and she saw his jaw set in annoyance. He softened at the pleading look in her eyes.

"I'll- try. If that will make you happy. I can't promise I won't loose my cool if they begin to insult you but I will hold back as much as I can malak." He agreed, pressing a kiss to the palm of her hand which made her practically melt into his side.

As they arrived at Wayne Enterprises, they saw a huddle of people outside the door. An exasperated blonde girl was on the edge of the group, sneering at any who looked her way, and a ginger woman smiled dopily as she observed the class.

"Okay baby bird and Mari! Time to face the music!" Dick exclaimed enthusiastically as Alfred parked outside the building, ready to drive off for his next errand.

Mari braced herself, taking a calming breath as Damian squeezed her hand gently and led her out of the car, following Dick. They thanked Alfred, waving as he left.

"Oh yes, I'm just so excited to see my Dami-boo tonight! He's taking me to a restaurant, one of the most famous ones around here! I always try to pay but he insists that he does, and given how much his fathers loves me, he never complains!" The voice was high pitched and scratchy, an irritating sound that made many want to rip their ear drums out. It was accompanied by many adoring voices at the false romantic gesture.

Damian cringed at the nickname he assumed was meant for him. He heard his brother fake cough from beside him, trying to gain the classes attention. It didn't seem to work as they just continued fawning over the sausage haired girl.

It was only when the blonde on the outside of the group, turned to look their direction that the class noticed them. Probably due to the inhuman scream the French girl gave.

"MARI! I swear to all that is holy that if you ever do that again I will band you from the Mars bars!" The blonde stomped over to them, pulling Mari into a hug, so tight that the dark haired girl though she might suffocate if not for her invulnerability.

"Chloe, I'm sorry okay! It was a spur of the moment thing! The class left me behind and I found Damian on the streets. It's been a long time since I saw him last and we wanted to reconnect." Mari comforted the other, pulling out of her tight grip but not detaching form the girl completely.

It was then that Chloe's sharp eyes narrowed in on Damian. She looked him over, studying every aspect of him. It was then that Damian realised where he knew her from.

"Miss Bourgeois, how nice to see you again." He addressed her causally, trying not to give away that all he really wanted to do was drag Mari away from her and into his arms. He held back, for Mari of course.

"Wayne, treating Mars well, I expect?" Her question left room for only one answer and they seemed to some to an agreement that they would both do anything for the dark haired girl.

"Of course. I offer only the best for her."

She nodded briskly and their attention was turned to the group of sheep who watched them interact with sneers on most of their faces.

"Who's this? Another hook up so that you can pay for food?" A bespectacled girl accused, looking at Mari as though she were dirt on the floor.

"No Alya, this is my childhood friend." Mari replied her expression unwavering as she put up her mask of indifference that her and Damian had been trained to master before they were even 5.

"Oh, Marinette, you don't need to pretend to have a friend just because you heard about mine and Dami-boos relationship." Lila 'sympathised' with the miraculous wielding girl, who scowled back.

"How could you lie like that Marinette!"

"Not cool dudette!"

"Stop being so attention seeking!"

Mari shared a look with Chloe. She took the dark haired boys hand as she felt him grow irritated from beside her.

"Believe what you want. Lila, I suggest you stop lying about the Wayne's whilst you're in their company building. It could result in a  hefty law suit." She responded in her most innocent voice, feeling smug as she saw the colour drain from the Italians face, who tried to salvage whatever she could, turning to her sheep.

"Maybe we should keep my relationship with Damian quiet. We wouldn't want the paparazzi to ruin our trip if they found out about my close friendship with the Wayne's, including Tim Todd being my best friend." She whispered the last part, as if letting the class in on a secret and they all scrambled to assure her of their silence. Damian and Dick both snickered in amusement at the mowing of their brothers names.

"Okay everybody!" Dick finally caught their attention, "let's get into a line so you can collect ID cards from me. It is important for you not to loose these in the next 2 days of the tour as security measures are very secure due to the nature of the city. Let's go alphabetically, and one at a time grab one from myself or my companion," he indicated to Damian who had left Mari with Chloe to stand and his brothers side, but that didn't stop him from keeping his eyes on the bluenette, " making sure it has you're name on it. Finally, you can address me as Richard and I will be leading the tour," he purposely left out the other boys name, "and if you need anything or have any questions you are to come directly to me!" He took a deep breath as he finished, taking a box of ID cards from a short ginger woman who had come out from the building at the perfect time, leaving once she completed her job.

"Okay come on up kids!"