Chapter 17

Marco POV

I wake up to the bright sun coating the room, slightly shivering due to cold. Bex really needs to get some curtains, and she needs to replace those windows, the cracks in them are letting in the cold air from the night. I yawn, slightly tired to my lack of a full sleep, and my thoughts turn to last night.

I had woken up around 4 in the morning, to hear Bex murmuring something, tossing and turning obsessively. Her brow was furrowed, tension and fear etched into her face. Then she started shaking, trembling and slightly yelling words like please stop, no, I'm sorry, and begging for what I assume was her dad to stop hurting her.

She was even calling out for her mom, who I knew wouldn't care, as well as Enzo, and even me. That broke my heart. I tried to wake her up, but she started hitting me, so I climbed on top of her and pinned her arms down. When she finally woke up, the look in her eyes will probably haunt me forever.

And when she broke down sobbing, and all I could do was let her let it out, holding her close, her sobs filled with so much pain and sadness, I could barely take it. All I could do was comfort her and rub her back, play with her hair. 

When she told me everything her dad used to do to her, I even cried a bit, I haven't shed a tear since I was a boy. I swear if her dad comes back, he won't even know what hit him.

She eventually calmed down and fell asleep, I was soon after. I dragged my thoughts to present and smell something seemingly mouth watering. I also hear lot's of laughter and music playing decently loud. 

I walk over to see if I can find any oversized sweat pants of Bex's, luckily I do, but they are pretty short still. Awe, she is so cute. I don't even bother with the shirt though and leave the bedroom to the rest of the apartment.

It is too early to see what I am seeing. 

They boys look just as shocked, but are also grinning and sprawled out in the living room, Antonio and Angelo on the couch, while Gio is sitting at the table, and Rosco casually on the floor. What is so shocking and causing the boys to laugh are Enzo and Bex, no surprise there.

Enzo is shirtless like me, wearing sweats, which I assume he leaves here, and Bex is still in the oversized sweatshirt. It looks like Bex is making pancakes and eggs, while Enzo was doing the bacon. But they are singing at the top of their lungs, and dancing like idiots on the counter island.

"I JUST TOOK A DNA TEST TURNS OUT I'M A HUNDRED PERCENT THAT BITCH EVEN WHEN I'M CRYING CRAZY, YA I GOT BOY PROBLEMS THAT'S THE HUMAN IN ME, BLING BLING, THEN I SOLVE THEM THATS THE GODDESS IN ME!" they both sing, using their spatulas and whisks as microphones. Even Enzo is singing all the lyrics while dancing like Bex, which makes me laugh out loud.

I love their friendship. At first, I was a little jealous at some of the things that they shared together, but now, I can see how much Bex loves Enzo as a friend, and I know Bex makes Enzo happier then he ever is and he would do anything for her.

I sit down next to Gio at the table and say, "How long has this been going on for?" and he says, "Dude, they have been dancing like this since 7:00 this morning, it woke us all up, and we had to watch them act out the Titanic scene on the counter. Enzo was Rose." he says chuckling. 

He shows me a photo of Enzo at the tip of the counter, arms wide, and Bex hugging him from behind. It is so funny because the high difference is crazy and makes the whole situation better.

Bex seems to notice I was there and hops off the counter, grabbing a cup and pouring some  coffee in it, and then hands it to me, kissing my cheek. "Thank you, for everything." she whispers. Then she shuts off the music, making Enzo frown, but says, "Breakfast is served!"

We crowd around the table, it is pretty small, and Rosco and Antonio brought over the two chairs in the living room area. She already has 4 normal chairs, so I just pulled her into my lap. 

I said, "So is this a usual occurrence for you two to pretend your in a television show and make a huge breakfast?" causing Enzo and Bex to grin.

Enzo says, "Ever since I knew Bex, I know she loves to make big breakfasts. So when she used to stay over at my moms house, and when she moved in right after she left her dad, we would make  huge breakfasts every morning for ourselves and my mom."

Bex continues, "The dance party came later when me and Enzo realized we have better rhythm then every background dancer in the world!"

This causes Rosco to snort, making Enzo and Bex narrow their eyes at him. Then Angelo says, "Hey, I heard some like yelling at 4 in the morning last night. I am a light sleeper, it sounded like you Bex, are you ok?"

My hands on instinct tighten around her, and I feel her freeze. But then she sighs and says, "Last night I had my usual type nightmares, but I am ok, and Marco was there to help me so I fell back to sleep in no time. I am sorry though if I woke you up."

Angelo senses that she feels bad and reaches over to pat her shoulder. "It's all good, I would have woken up anyways to Antonio kicking me in his sleep." This causes us to laugh and Antonio to punch his brother in the arm.

We continue eating, the boys were practically drooling with every bite of Bex's cooking. I looked up though and see Enzo staring at me and Bex thoughtfully, a true smile on his face. "Thank you,"he mouthed, and I nodded.

After breakfast and everyone praised Bexley on her cooking, saying she needs to make us breakfast every morning, we all got ready to go. While we waited in the front for Bex, I took a second to really analyze her apartment. 

It was open concept and small. When you walked in there was a small closet on the side and a bench on the other. Against one wall was the kitchen cupboards and everything, a narrow island parallel to it with some stools, then between the kitchen and the back wall was the small table. On the other wall facing the door was the couch, and the two chairs, and a coffee table, arranged in a square shape so you could talk to everyone and face each other. She didn't have a tv. Then at the back on that side was the door to her bedroom, which was very tiny, leading into a small bathroom.

The thing that really brought this place to life was the colours. Ya the paint is chipping and the pipes are loud and the windows are cracked and the lights sometimes flicker, but she has loads of pictures, paintings, and random objects scattered around, not to mention her furniture is light pink, yellow, blue, not just neutral.

I know she hates it here, and I hate that is its not the safest place, but she has made this apartment feel like a home, and I wouldn't mind staying over here again. 

Bex comes out of her room, wearing leggings and a hoodie, with a bag which I assume has her computer and other things she needs, and then we head off to the base.