Chapter 21

Marco POV

This last week has been chaotic. We are finalizing plans, we have done some raids on other gangs and shit, as well as sprucing up some of my own businesses. 

I hired some more people for my casinos, visited my bars and clubs to make sure everything was in order, and even went as far as opening up a new restaurant to add to my chain. It's been so busy, I have been working like crazy, the boys too, that I split them up so we can cover more ground. 

Bex has also been working very hard. I told her that she could take some time off, but the day after our off day, she got right back to work. She did however take off this week from the bar and has been staying at the house, with me. 

To say it has been the best week of my life would be a understatement. I am sad though because tonight is the last night she will stay with me as she says she needs to work at the bar tomorrow night and will just go back to returning to her own home.

We get up early in the mornings and workout together. I tell her to take it easy but she wants to get stronger so she won't get beat up again. She was slow at first, her injuries barely healed and she was still trying to go on a runs and lift weights when she could barely stand long enough to shower. 

Which brings me to my second favourite thing, we shower together. My excuse was that "we need to save water and the water bill" as well as "you could fall and hurt yourself". She would smirk and say, "Ya, cuz you Mafia Dons can't afford the bill".

We haven't had sex or anything though since, I am too worried I will hurt her. But seeing her workout, sleep next to me, and work on those cars is making me very horny.

 Which reminds me, the cars. My God she is amazing. She works all day long, takes breaks to visit us of course, but she has gotten so much done, and the quality of her work is incredible.

Just as I think about that, she walks in, wearing sweats and a loose shirt. She says working in sweats is more comfortable and thus more productive. Her hair is in a loose pony tail, her front pieces have fallen out of course due to her hard work. 

The bruises on her arms and her face have healed almost, now you can just see faint yellow and blue areas. I know that her ribs and legs are the same as well.

She walks over to me looking very exhausted and I turn to her in my chair. I was just signing documents for my new restaurant and looking through resumes. "Hey Principessa, what's up?"

She comes beside me and hoists herself up so she is sitting on my desk, which I would never allow for anyone to do except her. 

"I just finished bullet and water proofing every car. So in the next week I will put the grates at the front and do some more with the engines, but I should be done a week before you need them. I'm so tired though, I guess my head isn't fully healed. Can I go home?"

I look at her and smile. A week before is better then I ever expected. She is so good at her job and she works so hard, of course she can stop for today, but she ain't going home. I pull her off the desk into my lap, so she is straddling me. "You can sleep here right now while I work."

"Marco, are you sure? How can you work if I am sitting on you?"

"Shush your mouth and close your eyes. I'll be fine." I retort. With that, she nuzzles her head into the corner of my neck and shoulder, and wraps her arms lazily around my neck. I put my hand that I am not using and slide it under her shirt, rubbing circles into her soft skin. In a few minutes, she falls asleep.

The next two hours are bliss. I am working very efficiently, more than usual which was a surprise and I think it is because I have Bex in my arms. I switch from rubbing her back to playing with her golden hair, kissing her forehead occasionally. I can't help it, she is so adorable.