Chapter 2.

Recap:

"so your the fantastic soccer player that we heard was trying out today?" Shane asked, as he eyed me up and down. an arrogant smirk on his face as he did so.

"indeed i am" i said crossing my arms, and gave him a challenging look.

"well then, let's see what you got" he smirked.

~***~***~***~***~***~***~

We started running laps up and down the Field. I wasn't even breaking a sweat yet and my breathing was as normal as it would have been if I was walking. I passed the guys up a couple times and decided it would probably be good if I slowed down a bit. as I slowed down Shane and his co-captain caught up to me and were running side by side with me.

"you know, your not doing to bad, but don't tire yourself out trying to stay ahead of us" Shane said with a smirk, as best as he could muster up anyways.

after we did a few more laps the coach pared us up, we had to get the ball around them. after doing so 5 times we had to switch places. least to say i managed to get the ball around my partner with ease every time, but when it came to me, he probably took the longest of all his friends to complete the 5.

after a few more conditioning and skill warmup's, the coach decided that he would try me again on kicking the ball into the goal. except this time, there was a goalie. needless to say i still got it passed him, again and again and again. they even tried switching out goalies.

"Shane it's up to you since your Captain, are you going to let her on the team?" coach asked, i looked over at Shane who looked a little worn out from practice.

"let's make a deal... if you can kick my water bottle off the goal, then I'll let you on" he said smirking, holding out his hand so i could make the deal. the coach was about to say that i already did that, but i held my hand up and stopped him.

"it's fine coach... deal" i shook his hand. he smiled and sent one of the younger players to put a water bottle up on top of the goal, after he did so another freshman put a ball in front of the goal from about 30 feet away. the coach gave me a knowing look and i just smirked.

I sighed and lined up with the ball, angling my body and taking a deep breath. i kicked it and sent it flying over the net and hitting the water bottle off, just like the first time with coach. i smirked and turned back to the guy's who had their mouths open, Shane's face was Priceless when he looked back over to me he shut and opened his mouth, not know what to say. he finally sighed and out a smile on his face walking over towards me. he stuck his hand out to me.

"welcome to the team, Andy" he smiled, i shook his hand. when i heard clapping and some hollering, i looked over to the stands and saw Carter cheering for me.

I rolled my eyes and ran over towards where he was, he held his arms open and i jumped into them. we both laughed as he set me down.

"you did it Andy! you were amazing out there!.. my little sister is all grown up" he said playfully giving my shoulder a punch.