Chapter 14.

Recap:

I was about to walk up to check out the last one on my mental check-list, but my watch started to buzz . my head jerked in that direction and I watched the little screen zoom in on a map around the school. I quickly ran to where it was showing, I looked around to make sure no one was around while I was running. I quickly got towards where carter was and slowed down, I closely rounded the corner in a crouch and turned off my watch.

I looked around and saw someone squatted in the bushes, looking into the room where Shane is at. right then when I spotted the guy, a hand covers my mouth.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

My heart rate spiked a little and I inhaled a short sharp breath. As I did so I caught a familiar scent, and relaxed as the person pulled me to a crouch on the ground. They pulled their hand off me and I turned my head and sent them a glare they gave me a sheepish smile and nodded back toward where the guy is crouching in front of the schools window.

I scanned over him and noticed that he has a knife over his right leg in a holster with a gun on the other leg, he's wearing and dark green long sleeve shirt and the same color baseball cap. It's regular clothing, but very smartly picked out to blend in with the bushes. I heard light whispering and noticed a little ear bud in his ear, he was talking to someone that was either A) in a car somewhere close by, or B) in another freaking warehouse. I really hope it's A.

He finally got up from his crouch and made his way towards the back of the school, someone tugged on my hand I and I looked at them. He motioned for us to split up again, I nodded and went around the way I came, looking for a home that might be dressed similar to him while I made my way to the parking lot.

I looked around the parking lot as I walked through it, and I finally spotted the man. He was walking towards a black truck close to the entrance of the school, I hurried that way and actually got to the truck before he did without him noticing. I crouched down by the front left wheel on the drivers side, quickly took my knife out of my boot, then stabbed the tire. I wiggled it back and forth some then pulled the knife out, and ran towards the other side of the car where I wouldn't be spotted since he was coming around the truck.

I lightly heard the air leaving the tire and I heard him get in, I quickly took out a little magnet and stuck it to his truck, then activated it so I could track it. he didn't even notice the tire and started driving away.

I started walking back and saw Carter shaking his head at me with a smile on his face. I caught up to him and gave him a glare and lightly slapped his shoulder.

"Hey! What was that for?" He pouted.

"You freaking gave me a heart attack! Why the heck would you decide to cover my mouth, when I'm looking for a freaking assassin?" I asked him and a hushed voice.

"We'll I figured if I tried to get your attention by grabbing your arm, you would have flipped me or something like that."he shrugged his shoulders.

"Yeah well, true.. But I was about kick you in your jewels then flip you since you decided to grab my mouth, the only reason I stopped was because I smelled your cologne" I said flicking him on his head.