Chapter 8.

Me and carter finished putting input gear and then headed up the ladder on the side of the building. Being careful as we went up, to not make the ladder clang against the wall. When we got up there I hauled myself over the little ledge, then held my hand out and pulled carter up with me. I looked around and spotted the glass top on the roof, I quickly went over to it and peered inside.

"So why are we here?" Carter asked me, I looked over to him and then back through the glass as I explained.

" we're checking it out because I saw them here yesterday. Those reasons could be anything, like A) they could be looking for someone here they want. B) there staying here. C) there's something here they want. My money is bet on B or C" I said sparing a glance at him as I got out my glass cutter and suction-cups. I put the cutter in the glass and quickly cut it in a circle, put the suction cups on and knocked the glass in. I lowered the glass down to the floor carefully and made sure it made no noise.

"Ready?" I asked him, he nodded. I peaked around inside again before jumping inside. The drop was only around 10 feet so I tuck and rolled, not making a single noise as I did so. I looked up and motioned for Carter to follow me, he looked a little nervous but jumped inside anyways.

When he landed he didn't make too much of a noise, but it was defiantly some. I held my breath and looked around, coast was clear. I leaded over the ledge of the rail, it was only a two story building and the upper floor didn't have anything in the middle and just looked down into the middle of the first floor. I motioned for him to follow me and we made our way around the floor, checking inside every room before we passed by using our infrared vision and ex-ray to see inside. When we checked every single room we made our way back to the rail and looked over. I heard some noise coming from downstairs and stopped moving, I turned up my hearing device in my watch and listened more closely. I faintly heard voices and something shuffling around, I looked over at carter and motion for him to follow my lead.

From the bottom rail to the floor was about 12 or so feet, I climbed up and over the top of the rails. The I started climbing down, my feet were dangling in the air while my hands were holding the last rail, I dropped down to the floor which was 7 or so feet away since I was hanging, landing in a squat with my hands on the floor to steady myself so I didn't make a noise. Carter dropped down right next to me, not making a sound.

I nodded my head in the direction I heard the noise in and slowly got up, staying halfway crouched so I could go faster without noise, making my way around the room using the shadows. I peek in a window on one of the doors nearby and see a warehouse type room. I try the door handle and it's unlocked, I open the door and sneak inside with carter shadowing me. I hear whispers and some more shuffling and head down that direction, I notice that its a furniture warehouse that we are in... Well, a small one. Like a private little furniture store. I hear some more muffled voices that are starting to get louder and head in that direction, I'm ducked down behind the furniture so I don't get spotted.

I look and see that carter is well aware of what we are about to deal with here, and is anxious for it. I give him a nod and we go forward down the section in the room, it has couches and chairs, all the furniture you could think of for a living room. Which would be the perfect place to hide out, just like I thought they would be.

We creep up on them, making sure to stay quiet as we did so. Weaving in and out of chairs and couches till we made it to the cozy little spot they put together. One guy was taking a bug puffy couch all to himself, another was in a lazy boy chair and two others were just sitting forward leaning over a coffee table reading files. I got an idea and whispered to Sam for a second, quiet enough so I know they wouldn't be able to hear us.