Chapter 19.

I woke up with the feeling of something off, I felt my head and realized there was a bandage on it. I quickly recall everything that happened yesterday, and my stomach got butterfly's thinking about when Carter bandaged me up. Why? I'm not sure.. I hopped out of bed and go down stairs, to be greeted by the smell of breakfast coming from the kitchen, I smile and make my way into there. I see Carter leaning over the stove cooking, I just sit there for a second and watch silently, when he turns around to plate the food he sees me and practically jumps.

"Geese you scared me, you have got to make a noise from now on when you enter a room" he said shaking his head, a small smile tugging at his lips.

"Sorry my awesome ninja skills scared you" I joked, rolling my eyes at him.

So you ready for your big game tomorrow?" He asked as he put my plate I front of me.

"Yep, all ready got myself all warmed up yesterday with a little karate practice" I smiled.

"Some practice that turned out to be... How's your head?" He asked coming around the island.

"It's fine, no pain" I mumbled, as he carefully started pulling away the bandages.

"Looks better for sure, doesn't need any stitches like I thought it would... I should re-clean that up after we eat, that way it heals faster" he puts the bandage back over it.

"I can do it"

"No, I can do it" I he shoving food into his mouth, I opened mine to protest but he shoved food into my mouth too. I just rolled my eyes at his smiling self. After a few minutes of silence, he finally breaks it. "So what's the plan today?"

"Dd you already text Greg?" He nodded his head. "Then I need to go see Shane, tell him some story because I know he will have questions when he sees me. And then tell him something to why were leaving, can't have ourselves just disappear from the face of the earth now can we?" I joked and he rolled his eyes.

"So what do you want me to do while your gone?" He took my dish for me and cleaned them in the sink.

"Whatever your heart desires" I smiled. "But really, do anything you feel like... After the game were leaving, and we don't have to clean up anything. So have a normal day" I shrugged.

"Wouldn't be a normal day unless there was something spy related going on... And how do you expect me to have fun, without you by my side to make it more interesting?" He smiled jokingly.

"Oh I'm sure you can live one day without me"

"I doubt that"

"You have before... What would be so different now?" He shrugged his shoulders, I just rolled my eyes and went upstairs to get ready... I had to prepare a story.

~

When I pulled up to Shane's house he comes out the door to see me before I can even shut the car door, I laugh as he pulled me into a hug. I just let him hold me for a second, because after I tel him what I am doing, he won't want to even look at me. And you can see it in his face right now that he needs some kind of comfort.

"Hey" he says after a while.

"Hey...how are you feeling?" I asked him with a slight chuckle.

"If your asking about the fact about how I passed out, even though I don't remember it. I'm okay" he laughed.