When you get Sick

Your Pov

Ever since yesterday I've been feeling a little off. I've been feeling both mentally and physically drained, yet I didn't do anything other than sit and listen at classes all day long.

It's a Saturday today. And instead of being out with my dad at Adriens photoshoot and helping out behind the scenes, I'm here stuck in bed with a fever. I don't know what happened to me or how I got into this predicament, but i hate it.

I feel flushed and hot, it's as if my face was yeeted into a microwave. And then there's this body ache, I feel sore for some reason.

I'm also very dehydrated. I checked the thermometer earlier and my temperature was sky high, I'm definitely having an awful fever.

This is real bad. I can't have Adrien knowing about this, if he found out he'll definitely go mama hen on me again. I remember the last time I told him I was sick. He wrapped me up in a blanket like a burrito and didn't let me go till my sickness was cured.

And that was just a small sneezing fit. What he'll do to a fever would probably be even worse.

I then hear a beep coming from my phone, the small familiar tune gliding my bedroom. I opened my phone up to see Adriens icon, indicating that he was trying to contact me. I suddenly felt my heart drop and my cheeks flush even more, how will I cover this fever up?

Taking a small breath, I pressed the green button on my phone. My hands were shaking, and my heart was definitely racing. It's as if my heart's gonna jump out of my chest the moment I hear Adriens crisp voice.

"H-hello?" I then asked, my voice was slightly hoarse and scratchy. Making me a tad but nervous because if he noticed this all little detail, he'll definitely ask.

"(Y/N)! Your missing out today!" I hear Adriens voice say, a small frown escaping my lips. I heard that today's theme was sweet, was hoping to take pictures of cotton candy covered Adrien today.

"Yeah I know. I'm sorry sweet cheeks, I have this exam I needed to review." I lied, biting my bottom lip as I said those words. I really hate lying to Adrien.

Lies Can Ruin a Good Thing.

People lie in relationships to save face, avoid conflict, protect their egos, protect their image, and just to avoid hurting their partner's feelings, Durvasula says.

But, of course, making a habit of lying isn't good for your relationship, period. “It can destroy it,”

And I'm only lying for Adriens sake, I don't want him to worry much. It's just a small fever anyways.

"Aww bummer. I was really hoping that you'd be here today." Adrien then admitted, making my heart flutter like mad. This boy knew how to butter me up.

"Oh?" I then asked, my voice getting slightly shakey.

"Yeah, I was thinking that we'd go on a date afterwards." He then said, and that had me all haywire.

I hope this fever goes away soon.

A small cough escaped my lips, my face was flushed and hot. I started feeling slightly dizzy and woozy so I rolled on my back and tried to concentrate on my vision.

"I'm so sorry Adrien. I have to go now, I'll talk to you later! I love you." And with that, I hung up the call.

A small sigh escaped my lips as I rest my phone on the nightstand beside my bed. I then covered my face with a pillow, the soft material of the pillow subsiding my pain just a teensy bit.

And then I drifted off to a slumber.

A small knock on my bedroom door woke me up from my sweet slumber. I rubbed my eyes, trying to adjust my vision. I don't know what time it is already, but it seemed like Dad came home pretty early today.

"Dad? You can come in." I then groaned out, a small cough escaping my lips as I sit on my bed. My eyes widening slightly as I see a mop of blonde hair. And instead of seeing my dad's silly face, I saw emerald green orbs staring straight at me.

"(Y/N)." He then said, his voice was soft and crisp that it had my legs turn into jelly. A small shiver escaped from me as I see Adrien walk up to me with treats and medicine.

"Adrien! What are you doing here?" I asked, blush soaring my cheeks. And it's not because of the fever this time.

Adrien took a minute to answer. He sat on the edge of my bed first, and set the treats and medicine he got aside.

My eyes became as wide as saucers when I saw him lean closer, his eyes were daring and they almost seem as if they were luminating. I didn't know what to do. Did he want a kiss or something?

But I'm sick.

I could only close my eyes and wait for something to happen. I had my lips already puckered up, expecting to receive a small kiss from Adrien. But instead, I felt his forehead on mine.

"I-i.." I mumbled out, embarrassment flooding my face.

"Your dad was right, your fever is really high." He exclaimed, answering my dying questions. So dad was the one who told him, even when I specifically told him not to.

He leans away and then crossed his arms, a semi-angry look was on his face. I bit down on my lip, I'm definitely gonna receive some sermoning today.

"Lying is not nice (Y/N). You could've just told me the truth." Adrien then says. I hung my head low, nodding my head in understanding.

"I'm sorry." I said as a small sniffle escape me.

I heard him sigh, and then he stood up and took the bag of treats and medicine that he was holding earlier. He sad back down beside me and gave me a small smile.

"It's alright. We can have our date here! I brought some candy I got from the shoot, and then your dad and I bought some medicine. We can watch a movie or play games." Adrien then said.

"What about your dad?" I asked him. Adrien gave me a small shrug.

"Don't worry about it! Just focus on us." He merely answered.

I seriously have the best boyfriend ever.

——

It's cliche I know ಥ‿ಥ