Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven : Awkward Silence

"War Goddess works."

~ Third Person ~

Everyone in Hogwarts was excitedly chattering amongst themselves as they stuffed their faces with the excellent food that was placed in front of them in golden platters. The only people not enjoying themselves were the werewolves.

Eleanor especially was getting all fidgety. Her normal smile was now replaced with a frown as she got lost in her deep thoughts. Her three friends were starting to get worried but Tina was the only one who stayed quiet and decided to just eat her food and glare at the two sitting in front of her.

"C'mon El, ya gotta eat something. I mean, you love food!" Y/n said, trying to cheer her up.

The girl only nodded but she never touched her food. She just kept mumbling sleepily as she stared at the table.

The two girl's kept trying to cheer her up but nothing seemed to work. The guilt was slowly starting to suffocate the two as they sat there not able to do anything to help.

Soon dinner ended and the four made their way to their dorm. Once there, Tina quickly started packing essentials in her bag while Eleanor sat down on her bed emotionlessly.

Stacy and Y/n awkwardly stood by the doorway, not really knowing what to do. Tina finally glanced at them and raised a brow.

"Shouldn't you guys be off to your detention? Don't wanna be late now do you?" Tina mocked.

"Right." Stacy answered awkwardly.

"Well um. . . . good luck El!" Y/n said before closing the door and walking down the stairs and out the common room with Stacy.

The two walked next to each other, the only sound was the echoing sounds of their shoes clicking against the floor. Y/n hugged herself as they stepped down the staircase towards the potions room where their detention was supposed be in. The cold breeze in the dungeons only made the two girls shiver.

They stood in front of the door silently, waiting for something to happen. The two simultaneously glanced at each other with expectant eyes. Both narrowed their eyes at the other's silent order. Stacey finally broke the staring competition and sighed in defeat.

Opening the door, Stacey and Y/n where greeted by the loud sound of something glass breaking and something smashing against the floor. The culprits looked up with frightful eyes at the sound of the door opening but once seeing the two girls they relaxed.

"You're late y'know. You should've been here ten minutes ago." Black said aloud, grabbing a broom and sweeping up the mess he made.

"Shut up. You're starting to sound like Evans." Stacey replied in a bored tone as she walked up to the boy.

At the name of the 'love of his life', Potter looked up, only to meet eyes with an awkward Y/n who stood there, uncomfortable with being in the same room as Potter after her little outbreak.

The girl quickly looked away, blushing from embarrassment as she fiddled with her fingers.

"Shut ya trap, Malfoy."