Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen : The Haunting Beauty

"Grow some balls."

~ Third Person ~

Y/n's back hurt. She had been sitting on that same cold, hard floor for who knows how long. She was uncomfortable. So uncomfortable... and tired. She could just imagine that nice fluffy pillow and her comfy bed. Y/n sighed.

She glanced at the sleeping Stacey and Tina. Y/n lightly smiled. They had both fallen asleep on the floor next to each other with Stacey's head on Tina's shoulder and Tina's head on her head. It was good to see her friends having a calm expression on their faces. It, for some reason, made her calm herself. At least a little.

Y/n looked to her left at the sound of loud snoring. The three idiots sat on the floor next to them, maybe just a few feet away from them. Y/n glared at Black and Pettigrew, the main source of the loud snoring. Potter sat opposite them, chewing on his lip and basically sentencing the floor to death with his stare. The trio had come not long after Y/n had practically broken the door of the Hospital Wing off. They hadn't given an explanation, but according to what Y/n saw or more like didn't see, Lupin, the only actually reasonable and likeable person in the group of four, had somehow gotten injured. Like a lot. The reason? Y/n was still unable to figure out and she was way too scared to ask Potter because she knew Potter, like herself, was going through the same thing as she was. They were both worried about their friends safety. And for once, Y/n found the restraint to keep herself out of their business... at least until she knew they were both okay. She sighed.

So the two sat in complete silence, waiting for Madam Pomfrey to come out and give them news. Both were lost in thought but the deafening silence was slowly starting to annoy Y/n, making her uncomfortable in the echoey hallway. She sighed again.

She felt her eyes avert to the dishevelled boy sitting opposite her a few steps away from her. She found herself staring at him for a while, taking in his amber eyes that sparkled with... something. She didn't know what that something was. But it made his eyes somehow seem more alive. And she liked that. The dim lighting from the dancing flames made his eyes look golden and innocent, somehow making them more mesmerising. And his messy locks, tousled. His glasses askew. His brows were bunched together, his bottom lip red from the pair of teeth that were stabbing into it constantly. He looked like a master piece painted by the greatest painter to ever live.

And then... she released she was staring, awakening from her awkward moment and catching herself doing the most disgusting act for there to have ever been... staring- no, admiring James Fleamont Potter. How mortifying. Once again, she let out another discontented sigh, this one a lot louder and so, inevitably, attracting the attention of the lost Potter.

His frown deepened, seeing the Hale girl already looking at him, her cheeks red and brows knitted together, her look expectant and bored. Y/n's eyes went wide, suddenly releasing what was happening and cleared her throat. She turned her eyes to look down at the ground, feeling Potter's stare burning into her soul.

"What?" she heard Potter question, his voice cold and clearly annoyed.

"N-nothing." Y/n stuttered, cursing herself for letting herself stumble over her words.

"It's clearly something if you're staring at me with that conceited look on your face."

Y/n snapped her eyes to his. A sudden wave of hurt made its way to her throat but she pushed it down and instead glared at him, her eyes filled with a sudden anger she didn't know she had the energy for. Potter stared back, his eyes filled with the same flame. Suddenly his kind amber eyes weren't so magical and pretty but were instead a hatred burning for Y/n. He was sneering at her, his eyebrows raised, as if challenging her.