Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen : Study Session for the Stupid

"...if I squint my eyes hard enough then Siri does kinda resemble the giant squid..."

~ Third Person ~

"Once upon a time, I was smart and needed no help... now look at me, a total failure who has to get tutored by someone named Potty Potter," Y/n wailed flopping on her bed face-first like a whale.

Tina rolled her eyes for the umpteenth time, shaking her head fondly as her friend dialogued her apparent 'failures' dramatically. In contrast to Tina's calmness to the situation, Stacey continued to blow raspberries,  flailing her hands everywhere as Eleanor watched in amusement, practically inhaling her snacks even though dinner was just a few minutes away.

"'Oh no, I must get tutored by a hot boy who just so happens to like to tease me! Whatever shall I do? What sin have I committed to be punished so? Oh Merlin, answer me and my pitiful woes! Why hath thee be so cruel? Oh Merlin, oh!'" Stacey cried, dancing around the room, hand over forehead as she stumbled around the room, face distraught.

Almost immediately, a pillow hit her in the face with such force that she tumbled down, shouting in surprise as she landed on the floor. Eleanor laughed and Tina snorted as Stacey pouted in betrayal and horror, starring at Y/n who smirked in satisfaction.

"Karma's a bitch, bitch." 

Stacey gasped, hand over her heart. "You bitch."

And then they're both on the floor, hitting each other with pillows as they try to win the fight. In the middle of their fighting they somehow managed to drag Tina into it after she stumbled over them by accident. After that it's all a mess, with Eleanor shouting a loud war cry before attacking them from above. Tina somehow managed to steal Stacey's weapon and then she's left with no way to defend herself. She's attacked on all sides, not surrendering even though it's the smart choice to make. 

Finally, when all but Y/n stood alone, Tina and Eleanor both defeated, she finished the final blow, right to the head. Stacey stumbled, dazed and confused as she looked up upon the angel of death above her.

"Sucks to suck," the angel muttered, their tears held back as they stared down Stacey.

Stacey swallowed."Sucks to suck," she muttered her final words, closing her eyes and then...

Pow.

"But karma's a bitch." Stacey choked out.

With little to no strength, she managed to hit Y/n before she turned to a better world. She heard the thud of a body and knew... that it all ended with them and so it always will. 

"You guys know we're the ones who have to clean this shit up now, right?" Tina muttered from somewhere across the room.

Simultaneously, they all groaned.

~ Time Skip ~

Heaving a sigh, Y/n waved her friends goodbye before climbing up the stairs towards the library. She grumbled to herself all the way, mumbling about unfairness and freedom of speech, completely making no sense.

When she arrived there she immediately spotted unruly hair, sat with different types of books around him, his fingers mindlessly tapping on the table as he stared at the books around him, gaze unfocused.