Chapter Five

Chapter Five : The Argument

"I don't know. They are stupid, but they're not that stupid."

~ Third Person ~

Woken up by a slam on the table and the shout of her name, Y/n Hale quickly jumped up from her previous position, where she had been resting her head on the desk, trying to catch a few 'z's. Because of staying up until 2am, the girl had been dozing off in every lesson she had been in so far. Professor Mcgonagall was so fed up with waking her up every 2 seconds that she let her sleep for the rest of the lesson.

Now Y/n was in Potions with Professor Hornby, the sub Potions Professor. Slughorn was apparently sick, so Professor Hornby had taken over his lesson. This annoyed Y/n to bits, because no matter how many times she fell asleep in his class, he didn't seem to mind waking her up by shouting in her ear.

"10 pounds of spider legs!" the girl shouted out of surprise, making a few people chuckle. The Professor however, was not amused. He glared at her for a few seconds as she smiled nervously up at him.

"Dear, dear, Hale, what kind of potion where you planning to make?" the Professor said coldly, smirking at the lack of response he got from the girl.

"Wel-ll you see... I-I..." the girl stuttered, her brain all fuzzy.

"Why, Hale, were you sleeping in my lesson?" the Professor interrupted.

"Because... I was tired?" the girl shrugged.

Hornby rolled his eyes at the girl's stupid reply.

"And why were you tired, Hale?" Hornby asked coldly.

"Because... I was... bored?" the girl said, her brain still not functioning properly.

"10 points from Ravenclaw because of Hale's lack of brain." Hornby smirked as he walked away to the front and started explaining how to make Amortentia, a strong love potion.

Y/n sighed in frustration. She hated Hornby more than she hated Slytherin bullies. He seemed to despise her more then everyone else, which would've made sense since she was loud and dramatic and always spoke her mind in class, if it wasn't for the fact that he favoured Stacey over everyone else, and Stacey was just as loud as her.

When the bell finally rang, the girl basically sprinted out of the room. She was very hungry and tired and fortunately, it was lunch, which meant that she could eat something and then have a quick nap before her next class.

Once she pushed the doors to the Great Hall open, she ran in, searching for her friends. When she did find them, she was surprised to see them sitting on the Gryffindor table and not on the Ravenclaw table. The other shocking thing was, was that they were sitting with the Marauders, whispering harshly about something. The girl knew exactly what they were arguing about.

Y/n approached the table and quickly sat down next to Stacey as a few people from the Gryffindor table gave her curious looks.

"We know you're up to something, so don't deny it!" Stacey whispered, glaring daggers at the four boys in front of her.

"We have no idea what you're talking about." Black whispered back, calmly.

"Oh, cut the crap, Black. It's not like you went to the library to just study for transfiguration."