Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten : Furry Lil Problem

"El, grab her feet. We're gonna lift her up and drag her to that library! "

~ Third Person ~

Y/n paced back and forth in Moaning Myrtle's bathroom, her shoes clicking as they made contacted with the tile floor. She sighed as she ran her hand through her messy h/n hair, closing her eyes in the process as she tried to get her thoughts straight.

She couldn't believe that she had a fight with Potter about something so small and unrelated to the subject that they were talking about moments before all hell broke loose. She also couldn't believe that she lost the pathetic fight, which definitely lowered her confidence. She knew she wouldn't be able to look Potter in the eye without cringing; knowing Potter, he'd never let her live this down.

She lost because she couldn't think of a comeback to set Potter straight and show him who the true superior was. It was like her mind had just suddenly switched off. All of her sarcasm and wonderful comebacks just disappeared into thin air. Only when she escaped the classroom (and the pressure of everyone watching) did her mind switch on again and her throat untightened, allowing her to talk.

A sudden wail shook her out of her thoughts. Y/n rolled her eyes at the saddened ghost who seemed to find Y/n's situation quite amusing.

Y/n let out a loud groan as another loud wail came out from the last cubicle. She walked over to the broken sink and leaned her hands on the edges. She breathed out a sigh as she let her head fall back. She looked back down at the sink and observed it with interest, although she felt anything but. She looked closely at the tap and noticed a very strange engraving.

Y/n placed her fingers on the weird shape, brows furrowed, as she tried to discover what it was. It felt like an 'S' shape, and once Y/n brushed off the dust and dirt from the old broken tap, she finally realised it was a snake.

Y/n looked up at the other taps and her frown deepened as she saw no snake engravings on them. She looked back down at the weird tap and glared at it, questions, a lot of questions for that matter were filling her head.

Why would there be a snake engraving in the girls' toilets?

Did a Slytherin do this?

Does anyone–

A sudden bang made Y/n jump and quickly turn around to see her two friends, Eleanor and Stacey, standing in the doorway. Stacey was holding out her wand, a guilty look on her face as she stared down at the door that lay on the floor in front of them; from what Y/n could tell, Stacey had blown up the door.

Y/n raised an eyebrow at the totally dramatic and unnecessary entrance. Although it was Stacey so it made a lot more sense than it would if it were Eleanor or Tina.

"Ehem," Stacey gave an awkward and forced cough as she smiled nervously at Y/n.

"There you are." Stacey finally said after a bit of a pause. She slowly walked up to Y/n, hugged her and then slapped her arm.

"Ow!" Y/n shouted, rubbing her right arm where Stacey had hit her as she glared at her best friend.

"What was that for?" Y/n asked in annoyance, pointing to her arm where she just got slapped.

"For being dumb... and stupid." Stacey said, shrugging her shoulders as she slid her hands into the pockets of her robes, smirking slightly.

"And for being dramatic!" Eleanor pointed out. Stacey turned around to glance at Eleanor. She pointed her thumb at Eleanor as if to show she agreed with her statement.