Chapter 2

It took Roseanne the rest of the afternoon to unpack her bags

It took Roseanne the rest of the afternoon to unpack her bags. She had always been meticulous about her things and since she was going to be in this room for the next month, she knew she'd better put everything in its place. The room was beautiful, just like the lobby. Admittedly, Roseanne even liked it better than her own room. The warm colors matched well with the modern furniture. She had her own flatscreen TV that hung above a dark chest, which she just finished filling with all of her clothes. But the bed, as comfortable as it was, she couldn't quite make her mind upon. It was a king-size bed. Having that much space seemed like a tease. Hers was a queen, not much smaller, but even that seemed too big sometimes. She loved being able to spread out and relax, but when it came time for sleeping she felt...alone. Especially when she curled herself into a ball every night. Still, she was excited she didn't have to share with her Dad.

" Rosé?" She heard a knock at her door. She knew it was her Dad and was immediately confused as to why he didn't knock on their connecting doors. She guessed he was trying to respect her privacy. "You almost finished packing? Want to grab some dinner?" He shouted through the closed door.

Roseanne quickly stripped off her traveling t-shirt and pulled on a blue sweater. "Coming," she called back.

"The rooms are nice, huh?" He said as she stepped out of her room.

"Yeah," Roseanne agreed. "Where are we eating?"

"I figured we'd just eat at that bar and grill restaurant in the lobby," he shrugged. "Is that alright?"

"Fine with me," she said stepping onto the elevator.

Once Roseanne and her father were seated and settled in, Roseanne took a good look around. Sure, the place was awesome, but she still didn't know what the hell she was going to do there for the next month.

"So are you going to tell me more about college?" Her father asked as he began looking through the menu.

"Eh, it's cool," Roseanne said halfheartedly as she read down the list of burgers.

Traditional

Veggie

Barbecue

Hawaii

Double-decker

"How are the kids?"

"Good," she shrugged. It wasn't that she didn't like school, she did. The kids were cool and she was pretty happy, she just didn't feel like talking that much right now. She was tired, traveling took a lot out of her.

"Just good?" He asked.

"I think I'm gonna get the Barbecue burger," she told him. "I haven't had a good burger in forever."

Her Dad chuckled a little. "The food any good at school?"

"No," she admitted. "I mean, not the cafeteria food. The restaurants and stuff are fine though."