Chapter 25

The next story I would be uploading soon is very interesting and I think the Chaennies will enjoy it

The next story I would be uploading soon is very interesting and I think the Chaennies will enjoy it. It's a slow burn typa things but nothing extreme. A short summary would be uploaded soon, wait for it okay? 😋

<•••••>

"Don't you love it?" Bogum held out his brand-new silver money clip, a gift from Yoona. Inscribed on it was Bogum Park.

"Mhm," Rosé said halfheartedly, hardly looking up from her lunch.

"And Yoona is taking me out tonight," he said animatedly. "She won't tell me where! It's a surprise!"

"Mhm," she said again, her voice monotone.

"Rosé," Bogum breathed.

"Mhm."

"Rosé!" He berated. Rosé's fork clinked against the plate as it slipped out of her hand. She jumped awake.

"What?" she said bashfully as her eyes flickered around the room to make sure no one was watching.

"You've said nothing but mhm," he mocked "for the past ten minutes."

"Sorry," she mumbled.

"Did something happen last night?" He asked softly.

"What?" Her face scrunched up. "No, no. Last night was perfect," Rosé smiled. Bogum eyed his daughter for a moment before hesitantly returning her soft smile.

"I'm really glad you finally got a Christmas you deserve," he said with a hint of sadness in his voice.

"Dad," Rosé sighed. "You gave me plenty of great Christmases," she promised him. "I was just being too stubborn to enjoy them." He let out a breathy laugh.

"So what's up then?" He changed the subject back. "Why're you so down?" The more Rosé thought about it, the dumber it sounded. "Rosé," he sighed, his voice softer than before. "It's been what, a few hours? What's gonna happen at the end of the week when we gotta go home?"

"Dad," she breathed.

"Rosie, I'm serious. I know it's gonna be hard. Heck, you think I don't know that? I'm not happy about being away from Yoona either. But we're gonna have to keep our lives going. We can't just shut down."

"I know, I know," she mumbled.

Jennie's Mom and Yoona had planned to visit Yoona's sister today. She lived outside the village, about an hour's drive from the Lodge. Yoona's sister had requested to see Jennie since she hadn't seen her sister's goddaughter in two years. Both Yoona and Mrs. Kim invited Rosé along but the girl thought Jennie should spend some quality time with her Mom.

Every time Rosé remembered Mrs. Kim's situation, she felt awful for stealing time away from the two. This was Jennie's break, after all, and she'd be headed back to school shorty. On top of that, this was Bogum's arranged time with Rosé, so she felt bad not hanging out with him at all over the past month. Plus, Rosé thought a few hours apart wouldn't be that bad. Two hours into their departure and she was desperately regretting her decision.