Chapter 8

A gift since I passed my exam 😋

***

Jennie let out a shaky breath, her eyes flitting shut. Unable to keep away any longer, her lips softly pressed into Rosé's. Her body shuttered, her stomach flipped, and her skin was covered with goosebumps. Her body was frozen in shock and she couldn't bring herself to move her lips. If she could feel anything besides the high that Rosé gave her, she probably would have felt a little embarrassed by her lack of lip movement.

The truth was, Jennie could have stayed frozen for hours, not moving her lips the slightest bit, and Rosé wouldn't have even noticed. The girl's mind went blank, leaving her only with the sound of her racing heart. Rosé's stomach pulsed, butterflies exploding everywhere. Both girls stayed put, their connecting lips transporting them to a different world. Rosé clenched her muscles as she collected herself enough to take Jennie's lower lip in hers. 

Jennie felt herself melt, first at Rosé's hand resting on her waist, then at the softness of Rosé's full lips. Her breath hitched against Rosé's mouth, making the other girl jump a little, and Rosé slowly released Jennie's lip from her own. Rosé opened her eyes, looking at the brunette less than an inch from her. She was still clenching her eyes shut. The girl looked exactly how Rosé felt- frozen, shocked, breathless.

Jennie tried to open her eyes but she couldn't get her body to respond to anything. She couldn't believe it. She had just kissed Rosé. She had kissed Rosé. Yeah, maybe the girl had come onto her and made it almost impossible to not kiss her, but Jennie had been the one to connect their mouths. And there she was, Rosé's arms still wrapped around her waist, her body shaking and her heart racing. Rosé watched, her eyes flitting all over the girl's features, as Jennie's chest rose and fell. She realized hers was doing the same.

After almost a full minute of heavy breathing, Jennie's eyes finally blinked open. Her eyes fell into Rosé's deep brown pools and her heart stopped again.

"I-" she breathed, trying to say something. Anything. Rosé would have said something, but she had absolutely no idea what she wanted to say. Nothing had ever made her feel like that. She hadn't felt anything remotely close to that from a kiss since junior year, and even that had nothing on the flying-like feeling she got from Jennie's lips.

"I'm sorry," Jennie shook, unable to get anything else out. Her hands slipped off from Rosé's arms and the girl took it as a sign to unwrap her arms. As Rosé distanced a bit, Jennie shook her head again and sighed. "Wow," she whispered.

"Wow is right," Rosé whispered back. Jennie knew Rosé had spoken, but she couldn't get out of her haze long enough to decipher her words.

"I can't believe I just did that," Jennie mumbled to herself. Rosé felt like Jennie had punched her straight in her gut. Jennie must not have felt the sensation Rosé was still experiencing.