Chapter 18

"Oh, Yoona will love that idea!" Jennie grinned at her father's enthusiasm

"So it's okay then?" Jennie confirmed. Her Mom had already approved the idea, but she was glad her father was willingly going along with it, too.

"Of course! I'll let Yoona know and tell her to invite Bogum. Wouldn't want it to be just the two of them on Christmas." Jennie threw her arms around her Father's neck, then suddenly recoiled. Was it strange to be this excited? Her father was smiling at her with a slightly confused stare, but no more confused than his normal stare.

"Your Mother tells me you and Rosé are planning to take Ella tubing soon?" The mention of her girlfriend's name made her heart flip. She sucked her lips in to keep from smiling like a fool.

"Mhm," she nodded.

"Yay!" Ella banged the table with her fork.

"El," her Dad chided with a smile. She looked down and pouted.

"Sorry," she muttered.

"I've gotta thank that girl then," he breathed. "Your Mom and I need a nice little break from children." He looked over at his wife with a smile.

"Ew," Jennie mumbled under her breath. Her Mom was the only one who heard and she sent her elbow lightly into Jennie's arm. "Um, also," Jennie swallowed. "I kind of wanted to talk to you two," she started, "about something kind of important." Jennie was too busy fiddling with the tablecloth to notice her parents exchange an almost knowing glance. It seemed like they were arguing, one trying to prove a point to the other.

"Yes, honey?" Her Dad grinned.

"Minhoooo!" Bogum chimed in with an exaggerated accent. Jennie's father chuckled as he took Bogum's hand in his own. Their weird bromance was only getting heavier.

"How are you doing, man?" He smiled. "We were just talking about you."

"Oh, no way. I'm doing great, how are you?" He turned to greet the rest of the family and when his eyes fell on Jennie, he couldn't help his smile from growing wider. Rosé walked up and hit her Dad playfully on the arm.

"Hey, Rosé," Mr. Kim greeted.

"Hey," she smiled, her eyes immediately finding Jennie's. Both the girl's faces heated up the second they locked eyes.

"I heard you're gonna take this our little princess out tubing. The ride in was fun, huh?" He asked.

"Oh yeah, it was awesome." Rosé did her best to keep her focus on Mr. Kim, but the mention of last night accompanied with the word ride was making her entire body flush.

"Well, we'll let you get back to breakfast. We're supposed to be meeting Yoona soon."

The lovers (Minho and Bogum) said their goodbyes while Rosé and Jennie gave each other shy eyes.