Chapter 16

The sudden knock on Rosé's door startled her, her back slamming into the closet door behind her

"Ouch," she mumbled, hanging the towel from her hair on the rack and walking over towards the door. Her Dad stood there, already wearing a slight smirk.

"Jennie wanted me to tell you to dress warmly," he smiled. Rosé rolled her eyes, knowing this was leading to a conversation, and stepped sideways to let her father into her room. She walked over and sat herself down on her bed, almost feeling like a preteen about to get the sex talk for the first time.

"Where are you headed?" He asked. He leaned himself up against the girl's dresser, half sitting half standing.

"If I knew that do you think she would have sent you up here with that message?" Rosé retorted. Her Dad let out a breathy laugh.

"Touché," he nodded. "Grabbing dinner?"

"I think so," she shrugged. She was looking piercingly into his eyes. They had some unspoken competition going on, who would look away first. They did this quite often. Who was the bolder Park. Rosé almost always won. Today, however, Rosé knew she was a little off.

"So what, is this like a date?" He asked cautiously. Rosé's eyes narrowed, trying desperately to keep her eyes on the man. The larger his smirk got, the harder it was to look him in the eye. The words churned her stomach around. So much so, that it made her eyes eventually drop down to her lap. She swore she could hear her father let out a victorious laugh. The more she thought about it, though, the more it sounded like he was just shocked.

"A date," he repeated, almost not believing his daughter. Rosé shrugged, embarrassed at how hard it was for her to look him in the eyes. "Seriously?" He whispered more seriously.

"Maybe," she mumbled.

"You agreed to go on a date?" He asked once more for confirmation.

"Yes Dad!" She groaned, clearly exasperated. Bogum's eyes widened for a moment as realization washed over him. This was big. He walked over and sat beside his daughter. He knew his daughter wasn't a talker. She was never great with expressing her feelings with words. Unless, of course, she was writing them down. As a child, if she was hungry, instead of asking her Mom or Dad to cook something, she used to bang on an empty plate with a fork until they got the message.

Bogum wrapped his arm around his daughter's shoulder and Rosé let her head fall onto him. They sat still for a moment, Rosé's eyes closed lightly.

"So you really like her?" He finally whispered. Rosé nodded.

"A lot," she sighed. She knew where both of their heads were at. This was crazy, for Rosé to develop feelings like this so quickly. It was huge. It needed to be handled right. But they both knew the trip had to end at some point. Things weren't gonna be this easy. Rosé waited for him to say it, she knew he was thinking it, but he didn't.