Chapter 19

"Kai," Jennie used all the energy she could find to muster up a smile but even that wasn't enough to hide her horrified expression

"Kai," Jennie used all the energy she could find to muster up a smile but even that wasn't enough to hide her horrified expression. She wasn't sure why she was so horrified, she wasn't with Kai and she was allowed to kiss whoever she wanted. But she thought maybe it had something to do with the fact that Kai had no clue Jennie could ever be into a girl, or maybe it had to do with the fact that Jennie hadn't quite gotten the chance to tell the boy, or maybe it was just the ordinary discomfort of having your ex-boyfriend and current girlfriend in the same place at the same time.

Rosé's heart sank when she saw the look in Jennie's eyes. She knew she shouldn't feel guilty, but she couldn't help it, she had something to do with it. She watched Jennie's mouth tremble, opening and closing a few times as she struggled to get something out. Rosé's eyes flickered between a frozen Kai and Jennie, both seemingly paralyzed from shock.

"Miss," A deep voice called, making everyone but Jennie turn. "You're up," the attendant smiled politely at Rosé. She turned back to Jennie, wanting to get her attention, Ella beat her to it.

"Jen Jen!" Ella called up. "It's our turn!" Jennie's head shot down to her for a split second before turning back to the still perplexed Kai. "Come on," her little sister pouted as Ella grabbed her hand and pulled her forward. Jennie looked behind her at Kai as Ella dragged her to the edge of the mountain. She was trying to signal something, but she couldn't even figure out exactly what.

"You okay?" Rosé breathed as Jennie finally focused her attention on the drop below them.

"Uh, yeah," she swallowed.

"I'm sorry," Rosé said earnestly. "I didn't know he was there and I-"

"No," Jennie sighed. Then she actually smiled. "Never apologize for kissing me," Jennie whispered as she reached out to grab Rosé's hand. Rosé's frown washed away as quickly as it had appeared.

"Come on, Unnies," Ella sang out. Rosé laughed as she took a seat in her tube, Ella not-so-shyly climbing onto her lap. Once Jennie was in her tube they handed her and Rosé two ends of the rope, which Rosé then gave to Ella.

"You wanna hang onto this?" She asked her. The little girl's face lit up and she nodded adamantly.

"Have fun!" The attendant smiled as he gently pushed Jennie forward with his foot. Within a second her weight was tugging Rosé and Ella down with her.

XxXxXxXxXxX

"Again, again!" Ella jumped off from Rosé's lap, but not before grabbing Rosé's hand in her own tinier one.

"Hold up princess," Rosé smiled. Ella's feet stopped almost immediately. Had it been Jennie telling her to hold up, she probably just would have tugged harder.

"Hey," Rosé smiled softly when Jennie finally caught up.

"She really likes you," Jennie nodded to her sister with a giggle. "Thanks for doing this," She said more seriously, beginning to wonder if having Ella around was annoying Rosé.