Chapter 3

Liam was walking towards the library to meet Jack. He didn't see any of his friends the whole day, except Louis who reminded him about his meeting with Jack. He was a bit mad at Louis for assuming that he had a crush on Liam. He had never been in a relationship with anyone before. His only crush till now was Zayn and never has anyone approached him. So knowing that maybe someone likes him made his heart warm but at the same time he was afraid if Louis' assumption was wrong.

His heart was already once broken by Zayn, knowingly or unknowingly and he would actually break apart if he gets another rejection.

He was so jealous of Perrie, that he won't even talk to her, unless it's necessary. He sometimes thinks if he were a girl then Zayn would like him. If he was pretty enough, Zayn would talk to him more. But Liam couldn't blame him for not talking to him because he himself will get shy whenever Zayn started a conversation, hiding in his shell.

Blocking the thoughts of Zayn from his mind, he reached the library. He hoped that with his friendship with Jack, he could bring some changes in his personality. From what he had heard from his classmates was that Jack was a nice person, always helped others, he was not as bright in studies as Liam, but he was good. And Liam have also heard him sing, so he knows that he is a great singer.

He just hopes he himself don't mess this up.

When he opened the door, only the librarian and a few students were there who were already packing up to go. Jack was nowhere in sight.

He sighed to himself and sat at a bench. He told the librarian to not lock up and he himself will lock the door after he finishes up. It was not new. Sometimes when Louis' football practice take more time, then he'd go to the library, spending his time with books. He'd lock up when Louis comes back and handover the keys the next day.

The librarian, Mr. Ryan knew him well, so he allowed Liam to stay in the library after school hours. But this privilege was not given to other students.

He started doing his homework as he waited for Jack. After about five minutes, a very sweaty and exhausted Jack came running into the library. He stopped in front of Liam's table, smiling apologetically.

Jack had dark grey eyes, slightly taller than Liam, his hair styled in a short quiff. He had a little stubble on his jaw and was definitely muscular with strong biceps. Any girl or boy could fall for him.

Liam looked up from his glasses with a small pout on his lips. Jack's eyes travelled to his lips, immediately that made Liam realize what he was doing and cleared his throat.

"I'm really sorry for being late Liam. Mum gave me some assignment sheets to organise so I've been doing that for the past hour and totally forgot about you. I'm really really sorry. I know you must be waiting for me for so long. I'm such an idiot to make you wait on our first meeting. I'm sorryyyy.. " He kept on his rant.

Liam couldn't help but laugh at him. And seeing him laugh made a small smile appear on Jack's lips too. It was a very rare sight to see Liam Payne Tomlinson smile or laugh, so he mentally patted his back for this accomplishment.

"It's ok, it's not been that long. Plus I started doing my homework so I didn't waste any time". Liam replied with a chuckle.

"Oh okay. But still I'm sorry " He said.
"It's fine no need to worry" Liam replied, adjusting his glasses.

"So recently I heard from my mum that you are her favourite student" Jack said with mischief in his eyes. He was clearly trying to flirt with Liam.

Liam's cheeks turned a little red. He was not used to take compliments from strangers. His friends would always praise him for his genius brain and his beautiful voice. But when someone like Jack complicated him, he couldn't believe it.