Chapter 4

"Zayn? " Liam mumbled, utterly confused as to why he was here when he should be on the field, practicing.

Zayn looked at him with such adoration in his eyes. He thinks to himself, 'Is it weird that I just love the way he says my name? ' He shook his head, mentally cursing himself for having such a weird thought.

"Hey, Li. I came here to pick you up, coz Louis is busy with Harry, they're going to the mall . So I'll be your driver for the day. So tell me your highness, shall we go? " He says cheekily, loving the way Liam's cheeks tint red.

Liam tried to hide his blush because never has Zayn used his nickname and did he just try to flirt with him, he was not sure, as that will be impossible because he is STRAIGHT!!

"Umm I-I'm done with today's practice, s-so yeah we can go" He said stuttering a bit.

Zayn came towards him and held his hand out. To say Liam was shocked would be an understatement. He couldn't believe what was happening.

Zayn was offering him to hold his hand. A privilege that only Perrie had. How many nights had he dreamt about this moment and when it was really happening, he couldn't move a muscle, he was in a shocked state.

"Hey, Liam! What happened? Come on we need to go" Zayn chuckled on seeing his reaction.

Liam hesitantly put his hand on Zayn's. The touch made shivers run down his spine as Zayn gave a gentle squeeze to their intertwined hands and with not much force helped him get up from his seat.

One person was witnessing this whole scene who was completely ignored by the other two lads. He didn't know why Zayn had to come and ruin their good time.

Jack cleared his throat when Liam got up and was packing his books back into his bag, Zayn finally let go of his hands.

"Liam, do you mind if we can go out and have some coffee? Louis won't be home till later, so you'll be bored. I can give you company and we can spend some time together also" Jack asked, hoping he would agree and won't go with Zayn.

Liam was about to reply when Zayn cut him off.

"You don't need to worry about him, whether he's alone or not. In fact I can give him company if you feel he's lonely, since I'm taking him home. " Zayn retorted, glaring daggers at Jack.

Jack huffed in annoyance, not liking a bit the way they both held their hands a minute ago.

"Do you want to go with him,or go home with me, Li? " Zayn asked with innocence in his voice.

Liam would surely turn into a puddle if Zayn keeps on saying his nickname with such fond in his voice. But he can't get his hopes up. 'Zayn is just being friendly, that's all' He reminds himself.

He looked back and forth from Zayn to Jack.

"I just wanna go home. It was a really tiring day and I want to rest a bit. Sorry Jack, we can meet later" Liam finally replied.

"Oh ok, no worries. We could go tomorrow if you like" Jack asked again with so much hope in his voice that Liam had to agree.

"Yeah tomorrow after practice, we could go" He said lifting his bag to his shoulder.

Zayn clenched his fists tight in anger, but kept a neutral face so he doesn't show Liam how he's actually feeling right now. How dare Jack ask him out, even if Liam rejected his offer and how can he agree when he doesn't even know him well. He wouldn't even spend more than a minute with Zayn when they are alone and would run off to his room, and now he agreed to meet that stupid Jack over coffee? Will they not spend enough time together while practicing, then why do they want more time?