Chapter 10

When Liam entered his home, Louis, Harry and his parents were already seated at the dining table. Harry must have been here the whole day, he thought.

"Hey, baby bro, how was the practice? Did you select any song?" Louis asked.

Liam came towards them, sitting beside his mum and said, "Y-yeah, Z-zayn and I have selected a song, I'm sure you'll like it".

It was only Harry who noticed how breathless Liam was and how his cheeks were rosy red.

"So, Zayn dropped you home?" Harry asked smirking at the way Liam's cheeks were now tomato red.

"Yeah, he did" Liam whispered shyly.

"Come on kids, eat your dinner first, then go to Liam's room and talk as much as you want" Liam's mum interrupted.

Everyone started eating, having small talks here and there. Liam was sure by the looks Harry was giving him, he will have to spill everything.

"Louis, when will you go to school?" His dad asked.

"Um, next Monday" Louis said, glancing at Liam.

"Hmm, don't get into more trouble for someone else, let them handle their own problem" His dad hissed.

Liam bit his lip. He knew what his dad said was directed towards him.

He hung his head low, his appetite lost suddenly. He mumbled a quick 'I'm done', took his plate and put it in the sink. He said goodnight to everyone on the table and made his way to his room.

On his way, he heard his mother saying, "Why would you say such a thing, it was not Liam's fault, Louis got angry at that kid and beat him for saying bad things about them. He was so happy today, now you've ruined his mood".

Liam didn't wait to hear his father's reply and went to his room. He quickly changed his clothes and removed his glasses, trying to control himself and not break, no he is stronger than this. His dad wants the best for him, that's why he says such things.

He tried really hard to keep away the tears, but when Harry opened the door with a sympathetic look, he couldn't hold back anymore.

A sob escaped his lips and soon enough Harry was there to hold him. He clutched Harry's shirt tightly and tears rolled down his eyes.

"Hey Li, it's ok" Harry tried to calm him down. But it was like his eyes contained a tank of tears. He missed how Zayn held him close, how he felt safe in the comfort of his arms.

"Will he always expect me to be like Lou? Will he ever accept me for who I am?  Yeah, I don't play any sports and am not as manly as everyone, but that doesn't mean I can't stand for myself" Liam moved back to look at Harry.

"Did I ask Lou to beat up Connor or did I tell Zayn to confront Jack? No, but they still did and I'm happy that I have such people in my life who are there to protect me and defend me. But dad doesn't know this, he always thinks I'm a weakling, I don't reach his standards of a perfect son" He cried and bit his lips trying to control his sniffling.

"He doesn't think you're weak, he just wants you to be more bold, to face your problems yourself. You shouldn't take anything to heart" Harry tried to console him.

"I try everyday, everytime his judging eyes look at me, all I see is disappointment. He doesn't even pretend to be happy with my academic achievements,what do you think,will he love me if I join sports?" Liam asked him.

"Oh Liam, you should never pretend to be someone you're not. You're you for a reason. Let others say anything about you, you shouldn't let that break you" Harry said hugging him again.