Chapter 13

Liam was quite nervous about today. He was excited to spend the whole day with Zayn, but still a feeling in his heart made him question if this is too soon.

He felt Zayn squeeze his hand, he looked up at him and saw Zayn looking at him in concern.

"You alright, you kinda zoned out" He asked rubbing the back of Liam's hand with his thumb.

Liam looked down at their hands, how perfectly they fit together, how safe he feels when Zayn holds his hand like he will always guide them and never let him go and for a moment, all his questions,worries and insecurities disappeared in thin air.

"I'm alright. Just a bit nervous about today" Liam finally replied giving him a smile.

"You shouldn't be nervous, I'm the one who should be. I mean I've planned some things, but I don't know if you'll like it" Zayn answered, taking his eyes off the road.

"You don't have to worry about it, I would love whatever you have in store for me" Liam told him.

Then Zayn stopped the car, Liam looked out and saw they were at the park again.
Liam raised his eyebrow at Zayn, who chuckled and got out of the car.

He opened Liam's door for him and Liam blushed, taking his hand.

"Just so you know, our date will start and end here only" Zayn said as they made their way inside.

Liam frowned, "But we were here yesterday".

"I know babe, and last night will always be treasured in my memory" Zayn said kissing his cheek.

"But it's different today" He continued and brought them to the fountain.

The view was gorgeous, morning sunlight lighting up the whole park, few ducks were swimming in the fountain, so many birds were surrounding them, the grass was freshly chopped and watered.

What caught Liam's attention was a picnic setup.

Under a huge umbrella, a blanket laid with a picnic basket on top of it.

Liam turned around to look at Zayn and hugged him tightly. Zayn engulfed him in his arms and picked him up a little so that his feet were hanging.

"This is so cute Zee" Liam said, his face tucked in Zayn's neck.

"I'm glad you like it, babe. But it's just the start" He said, rubbing his sides and kissed his head.

Liam untangled himself from Zayn and both the lads made their way to the spot.

Liam sat down on the soft blanket and Zayn sat beside him.

"I don't know if you had breakfast or not, so it's just some light food" Zayn said picking up the basket. He took out a box containing waffles, a bottle of hershey's and two glasses of cold coffee.

Liam laughed a little, but immediately shut his mouth when Zayn looked at him.

"What's so funny?" Zayn asked amused.

"Nothing" Liam said stiffling his laugh.

"It's not nothing, you're still laughing Leeyum" Zayn whined.

"I noticed that you have a sweet tooth" Liam said shrugging.

"No I don't" Zayn retorted.

"You absolutely do, look, you brought everything sweet in this basket" Liam said pointing at the waffles and coffee.

"But I wasn't the one who made all this, I asked Perrie and Olivia to do this" Zayn said.

"And I'm sure, you told them what to make" Liam said knowingly.