Chapter 14

Trigger warning: verbal abuse and mentions of abortion. I don't agree with such kind of things, but they were required for the story..

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Liam was frozen in his place on seeing his dad, Mark Tomlinson. He couldn't bring it in himself to ask his dad what was wrong.

Him and his dad never had a father-son relationship. It was always Louis' thing. Louis was the perfect son of the family. But Liam never despised him for that, he was happy that he makes their dad proud when he himself can't.

They do talk. Well,if you count his dad always pointing out his flaws, you can say they talk,but Liam always stays silent, listening to him. If he wants permission about something, he'll ask his mum to talk to his dad. He was used to the silent treatment. He has never experienced his anger.

"Youuu" Mark slurred a bit, it was clear he was a little drunk.

Liam was shocked because his dad is not a huge drinker, he would drink on some occasions only. Mark hated drinking, he thought drinking is for cowards who can't face their problems and opt to getting drunk in order to forget the problem in the ecstasy of that buzz.

Liam internally cursed himself, he should've stayed with Zayn only. Then he wouldn't have to face his dad. Gathering what leftover courage he had, he finally spoke up, "What happened dad?"

Mark started to laugh, like a maniac and Liam was now literally scared of his father's behaviour.

"You want to know what happened?" Mark asked him.

Liam couldn't move from his place, he stood still at the door, utterly confused as to why his dad drank so much. He understood that nobody else was at home, because if they were, his dad would never had gotten drunk.

He asked again, "Where's m-mum and L-lou?"

"They left" Mark replied, chugging down the whole bottle.

"They bloody left, because of you" He pointed at Liam.

Liam looked at him with wide eyes. He couldn't believe his ears, why would they leave, it's raining heavily outside, where would they go in this weather.

"They left because of you" Mark repeated his words, but this time anger laced in his voice.

Too afraid to say anything, Liam tried to walk past him upstairs to his room, but his dad's voice made him halt in his steps.

"You're not going anywhere right now" Mark said.

Liam turned to him, where he was still sitting on the couch. Gulping loudly he went to his father.

"You know why they left the house today?" Mark asked, his eyes staring at the wall in front of him.

Liam shook his head, but realized his father was not looking at him, "No" He said in a small voice.

"Of course, you don't know. You were busy with your new boyfriend, huh?" Mark spat, as if he was disgusted by him.

Liam could tell, if he opens his mouth, his father would only be more angry. He kept silent,waiting for his dad to continue.

"What? You were with Zayn right?" Mark asked lifting his eyes to look at Liam.

Liam nodded, he assumed his mum must've told him about their date.

"Why are you with him? Do you want to ruin his life like you ruined ours?" Mark said harshly, his voice getting louder with every word.

Liam flinched at his tone, the only sound that could be heard in the house was the splatter of rain hitting the windows.