Chapter 25

"You're awfully quite today" Liam leaned on the doorframe of Louis' room.

"Just not in the mood to talk, baby bro" Louis had his arms under his head as he laid down thinking deeply.

It's been a week since their senior prom. All the students were hyped all week, sharing the photos on Instagram, making memories they'll cherish for a lifetime. It was quite surreal that after this summer, they'll be off to college, starting a new chapter in their life. Many challenges awaited them, but they seemed to be ready for them, well some of them.

Liam was quite happy that him and Zayn got into the same uni. Call him clingy, or what not, he didn't want to get separated from Zayn. They were the few lucky ones who'd go together to uni as a couple. And he could only thank their lucks, to make it all possible.

But Louis' case wasn't this. Both him and Harry had gotten into separate universities. Ever since the day their admission letters came, both tried not to think much of the future. They were the same crazy, go loving couple, the high school sweethearts. But reality couldn't be hid always.

Liam sometimes saw how Louis would just stare at Harry when the latter was busy talking or just taking a nap on Louis' shoulder. How in almost a month, Harry had made all of Louis' favourite dishes. They tried to show everyone that going to different uni didn't affect them, but any being with an eye could see how much pain they had in their heart.

"What happened, Lou?" Liam sat beside him.

"Nothing"

Liam sighed, his brother always puts up this facade of being strong, while inside he was still a human, a teen, who had every right to show his emotions, talk out what's bothering him.

"It's not nothing, Lou"

"Liam, please"

Louis never calls him by his name, Liam flinched a little, how foreign his brother's voice sounded, "Lou, you can talk to me"

Louis sat up angrily, "You won't understand, you're going with your loving boyfriend to your la la land, while I'll be away from Harry for four years, do you know how many miles apart our unis are? No, coz you don't see anything beyond your fucking boyfriend. Always lost in each other like bloody love birds. News flash Liam, everyone isn't lucky like you, everyone's life isn't a fairytale like yours because reality fucking hurts and when you realize it, it feels like someone's punching you and you can't do shit. So no, I don't wanna talk to you about my problems, so please fucking leave!!"

Their mum was now in the room, she ran here when she heard Louis' yelling. But Liam couldn't care about their mum listening to everything, what shocked him was that his brother felt insecure about his and Zayn's relationship. Liam was sure that Louis would always act happy around them, teasing them, but he never knew what Louis really felt. This separation from Harry must've affected him so much that these thoughts came across his mind.

"I'm sorry Lou-"

"Don't act like a saint Liam! Everyone knows how happy you are that you and Zayn are going to be together in uni. I don't want your pity or sympathy, be true to me at least once and tell me didn't you feel relieved when you got accepted together? Didn't you feel on top of the world? So don't come to me, asking me what's wrong coz you very well know what is wrong. Just get out Liam!"

Their mum was now by Louis' side, hugging him tightly as he cried on her shoulder, "I'll miss him so much mum, he'll forget me and will find someone new"

Liam's own tears streamed down his cheeks. He quietly left them alone and went to his room, thankful that their dad wasn't home. He closed the door and sat on his bed. He removed his glasses and wiped his tears. Quietly sitting on the bed, he pondered over what Louis said.