Chapter 9

Liam was quite nervous to go to Zayn's home. They never really hung out with each other alone,their friends were always with them. He didn't know how they'll pass the time.

He knew that both of them were polar opposites of each other.
Liam was a typical nerd. One wall of his room has a bookshelf which is filled with his favourite books of all time. His taste in music is simple, he loves slow, romantic music, he's not a fan of rock bands. He sometimes reads comic books too.

He thought as Zayn was a jock, he would not be into literature, his room would be filled with band posters and footballers. He would have a stock of CDs of different rock bands. He may think reading comic books seems childish.

So now when they were standing in front of his house, waiting for the front door to be opened, he was fidgeting with his fingers feeling nervous as hell.

He doesn't know why but he wants to make a good impression on Zayn's family.
He never really talked to any of them, always passed a small smile or mumbled a simple hello to them. Now, he must be polite and have a conversation with them, he can't always remain in his shell. He needed to lower the walls he built and stop blocking out people.

He let in Zayn in his life, and it is the best decision he took. He was amazed as to how gentle Zayn becomes when Liam is at his lowest. How well he handled him, comforted him in the warmth of his arms. Liam wished he would remain the same always and this friendship, they were trying to build, may not be ruined because of anything.

The door opened and his mum welcomed them with a warm smile, similar to Zayn's. Zayn hugged her and kissed her cheek. Her eyes then fell on Liam, who felt like an outsider.

"Hi Liam, how are you honey?" She asked him, her tone was so soft, filled with love and warmth, that it reminded him of his own mum.

"I'm good Mrs. Malik" He replied with a small smile.

"Oh, I've told you to call me Trisha, if Louis was here, he would've called me Mama Malik, just to tease me" She laughed as they went inside towards the kitchen.

"Louis can call anyone by any name" Zayn chuckled.

"So Liam, how come you're here alone? Where's Louis? Trisha asked.

"Mum, we are here to practice for a duet singing competition, it's in 2 weeks" Zayn replied, when he noticed Liam was a bit hesitant to answer.

Liam was thankful that Zayn was here. He needed some time to get comfortable with new people, though he knows Zayn's family very well, but he's still a little scared when it comes to talking to them.

"Oh great! I know Liam's a good singer, Zayn talks about your singing all the time" Trisha said, not noticing the redness on Liam's cheeks.

"Mum, I said it once, stop exaggerating things" Zayn huffed, trying to change the topic.

"Well I wasn't the one who said 'Liam's such a great singer mum, he's the best in our school" She replied smirking at Zayn's horrified expression. He was now sure that his baba had told her about Liam and now she's teasing him.

"Seriously mum, stop it. And Liam let's go to my room" He said holding Liam's wrist and tugging him towards his room. Liam could do nothing but follow him.

His mum laughed and said, "Don't lock the door kids, I'll bring some snacks for you".

Once they reached his room, Zayn let him go and threw his bag on one of the beanbags.

Whatever imagination Liam had regarding Zayn's room were changed that very second, when he looked around.

Zayn's room was perfectly clean. Cream walls with dark red curtains pulled apart to let the fading sunshine in. He had a big walk in closet and beside it was the bathroom. He had a queen sized bed with dark grey duvet and white coloured bedsheet.