eight

NYX PULLS OUT HER KEFTA AND puts it in on her bed. Crossing her arms over her chest, as she looks down at the red kefta thats symbolised her Order. But unlike other Heartrenders' kefta, hers had the eclipse embroidered into the sleeves. A symbol for her rank in the Second Army, the trusted right hand of the General. A knock at the door catches her attention as she turns around and looks up.

"Come on in." She calls out, making the door creak open. She raises an eyebrow questioningly, a smile tugs at her lips. "What brings you here?"

"Wanted to see my favourite Heartrender." Aleksander muses as he steps in and closes the door behind himself, leaning against it. "You look beautiful."

"I'm not even dressed yet." She points out, as she glances down at the bathrobe she had on. It hadn't been long since she stepped out of the bath.

"That just means you're effortlessly beautiful." He points out and she chuckles, shaking her head. Today was an extremely important day, Alina will be demonstrating her abilities in front of many delegates of neighbouring countries. Politically, this would strengthen Ravka, it was a matter of time before they'd bring her to the Fold and changed the outcome of the wars.

"Very amusing, Aleks." She says as she picks up her kefta and makes her way to the bathroom, where she'd get changed.

"I rather find myself charming." He calls out, making her snort as she removes the robe and hangs it up. Slipping into the clothes she would wear under the kefta.

"Don't flatter yourself too much. You'll loose that so called charm." She says teasingly and she can hear his chuckle resonating softly in the room.

"I feel insulted." He calls out, making her smirk as she slips on her kefta and buttons it up.

"Then my goal was attained successfully." She muses as she steps out of the bathroom to see him sitting on the edge of her bed. He looks up at her and she throws her arms out to her side as she spins around. "How do I look?"

"Like the most beautiful and powerful Grisha ever." He states firmly, making her beam happily as she walks up to him. She stands between his knees and he puts his hands on her waist. She leans down, pressing a quick kiss on his lips. As she pulls back she catches the slight smell of roses, making her raise an eyebrow.

"I didn't know you liked roses." She teases and he chuckles softly.

"I ran into Genya and Miss Starkov on the way, the smell might have passed on to me." He muses and she hums, slightly amused. She sits down on one of his legs and wraps her arms around his neck. "Ready?"

"Not at all. I know we've been doing this for years, you much longer even, but I still can't get used to being diplomatic." She grumbles and he takes a deep breath as looks down at her, a slight smirk tugging at his lips.

"Yes. You have quite the temper don't you?" He asks teasingly making her shove him slightly.

"You're not even funny, Aleks. And anyway, you're the last person who can talk to me about temper." She points out and he chuckles softly. Nyx stands up and makes her way to the mirror, fixing her hair. She had braided a few of the front strands, in a half up look.

"You win, my darling. I shall go then. I just wanted to check on you." Aleksander says as he stands up, straightening his kefta. "Don't forget that even though this is supposed to be diplomatic, our enemies will not stop at anything to destroy us. So keep your guard, no matter what."

"I know. I'm not second in command for nothing." She reminds him and he hums in agreement. She follows him to the door, both stepping out. As she shuts the door, Aleksander glances around and as he sees no one is arround, he leans down and pecks her lip.

"I shall see you later. And please behave. For me?" He asks and she rolls her eyes in annoyance, although the smile on her face tells another story.

"Just for you. You should feel special." She hums, turning around and he chuckles.

"I do." Aleksander admits as she walks away, shaking her head at him. She nods in greeting to all the Grishas in passing as she makes her way towards the other side of the Little Palace.

"Lieutenant Irvank." Someone calls after her, making her turn around to reveal David rushing to her and she smiles. He was the only one in the Little Palace to call her by her rank and no matter how many times she told him not to, he still did.

"David, I have a name." She reminds him and he looks at her awkwardly, clearly uncertain on how to respond to her. "Nevermind that. What can I do for you?"

"Miss Starkov has denied the gloves for the splitting of her light. The ones that the General requested. She was able to do it without them. " He explains and she takes a deep breath. She knew what this meant, she was slowly becoming too powerful to control in the foreseeable future as Aleksander wished.

"Thank you for letting me know. Don't worry too much about it. Just enjoy the Fete and please, tell Genya how you feel." She says, making him get flustered and nod, before leaving. She chuckles, already knowing he won't do it.